Happy new year, aces! A major change I've been aiming to complete this year is applying a new logo to the wiki. We've used a variety of logos over the years, but they've all been low-effort. Even now, we're using the Project Aces logo, which misrepresents us as an official source when we're simply a fan-maintained site.
The three things I wanted to achieve with a new logo were:
- Be easily recognizable without stealing another logo. This meant no usage of the Project Aces logo, and to have few unique details to keep it basic.
- Maintain relation to Ace Combat in some kind of style.
- Maintain relation to the wiki itself and its purpose.
I asked Cae "Lemniscus 1" Lumis (of Electrosphere when it was around, and now Project Lighthouse) for help since his designs for logos and badges are spectacular. He came up with the idea of using the COFFIN hexagon we're so familiar with, using a fictional aircraft, and having diagram readout lines pointing to the unique parts of the aircraft. He initially went with the F-22C Raptor II, but I asked him to try using the wiki's three most popular fictional aircraft pages: in order, they're the ADF-01 FALKEN, CFA-44 Nosferatu, and X-02 Wyvern. And damn, did Cae deliver.
Options 1, 2, and 3 in this poll are the new logos, click the previews below to see what they will look like at the top of every page. Option 4 is to not change anything and keep using the Project Aces logo; this is something I want to avoid, because I want to move the wiki away from using that logo and pretending to be official or affiliated with them, but I understand some of you might want to keep that.
So now, I leave it to you guys to vote for which logo you'd like to represent the wiki. Please reply to this post with which option you'd prefer!
- Option 1 - ADF-01 FALKEN (click for preview!)
- Option 2 - CFA-44 Nosferatu (click for preview!)
- Option 3 - X-02 Wyvern (click for preview!)
- Option 4 - no change
EDIT: Voting will end on January 30!