The A-10A -Distant Thunder- (also stylized as A-10A -DISTANT THUNDER-) is a special variant of the A-10A Thunderbolt II. It is available for $2.49 as Downloadable Content in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, and was available as a Limited-Time Drop in late February 2015 in Ace Combat Infinity.
The paint scheme featured on the DistantThunder A-10 is based on the ace pilot of the same name from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. They piloted a YA-10B during the mission Heartbreak One, and, upon shooting them down, their paint scheme was available as the YA-10B's SP color. The ace's callsign, and, in turn, the special aircraft's name, is a reference to Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies's alternate name in Europe: Ace Combat: Distant Thunder.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the A-10A featuring a lightning pattern across its entire body.
It features robust and reliable performance and is an excellent air-to-ground attacker.
Resembling the ferocity of a lightning storm, its attacks overwhelm enemies, allowing allied ground troops to progress in their mission.
*The aircraft color is based off the color of a named aircraft that appears in ACE COMBAT 5 The Unsung War (Ace Combat Squadron Leader [EU])."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was only available as a Limited-Time Drop in late February of 2015.
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 19 BODY, 22 ARMS, and 19 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Electric Thunder nickname for use at any time.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- For more information, see A-10A Thunderbolt II.
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.