The A-10C Thunderbolt II is an upgraded variant of the popular A-10A Thunderbolt II attacker aircraft. The A-10C features an improved fire control system, smart bomb targeting, and all-weather combat capabilities. It made its debut in the Ace Combat franchise in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A highly durable fighter with heavy weaponry designed for close air support. The C-model has been modified with, for example, upgraded avionics, and features a glass cockpit with a vastly different layout. Though designed with combat in mind, it has a distinct look, with engines mounted to the upper part of the body and straight wings. Stable at slow speeds when engaging in air-to-ground attacks, it is fitted with anti-surface armament including 30 mm machine guns. Its toughened armor gives it strong resistance to anti-air fire, making the craft highly durable. The extraordinary power of its 30 mm machine gun (a trademark of the A-10) has led some to say somewhat humorously that they cause the craft to slow down when fired. Although its existence was threatened by multirole fighters because of its lack of self-defense capabilities in aerial combat, its war records helped prove its worth in battle. Its nickname is "Thunderbolt II"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- Main Game: The A-10C is available on the Aircraft Tree and costs 120,000 MRP. It requires purchasing the F-14D Super Tomcat.
- VR Mode: Complete five VR missions.
- GUN x4800 (∞ on Easy/Normal)
- MSL x100
- UGB x40
- RKT x40
- Main Game: 12,000 MRP
- VR Mode: Complete one VR mission with the A-10C.
- 4AGM x44
- Main Game: 12,000 MRP
- VR Mode: Complete two VR missions with the A-10C.
- FLR x4
- BODY: 36
- ARMS: 36
- MISC: 36
- Kees Bakker (BUFFLE)
- Osea: Air superiority two-tone grey
- Erusea: European One dark green camouflage with Shark Mouth (Unlocked by earning the "Silver Marksman" medal: Shoot down 200 aircraft with the machine gun.)
- Special: Four-tone green, brown, blue and grey mottled "JAWS" aggressor camouflage
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings
- Varcolac: Varcolac Squadron livery (Unlock: Purchase the Experimental Aircraft Series DLC)
- In real life, the A-10C is unable to exceed a speed of 520 mph (840 km/h) in level flight. Ace Combat depicts the aircraft as being able to reach speeds much higher than that, especially with tuning, sometimes in excess of Mach 1.
- "New features and story details of ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN". BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment. Published on 14 June 2018. Retrieved on 14 June 2018.