The ADF-11F Raven is a seventh-generation fighter aircraft and the latest in the Advanced Dominance Fighter series. The Raven uniquely combines separate cockpit and body units to create one aircraft. Using data from an onboard AI, the Raven dominates in aerial dogfights.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown first released with the ADF-11F Raven being unplayable; it was only an enemy unit during "Dark Blue". On March 13, 2019, a player found game files indicating the aircraft was playable but incomplete. Bandai Namco officially announced the Raven as part of the ADF-11F Raven Set DLC pack, which was released on May 22.
The name "Raven" is a reference to Norse mythology. The Norse god Odin is attested to have two ravens accompanying him, Huginn and Muninn, who travel the world and gather information for him. In Ace Combat 7, before he defected, Doctor Schroeder produced two ADF-11F Ravens—Hugin and Munin—and they attempted to transmit their battle data across Usea to create more drones.
The ADF-11F Raven is a combination of two other craft:
- One Connection For Flight Interface (COFFIN) controlling unit. This can be either an undetachable manned cockpit for a human pilot or a detachable unmanned ADF-11 drone. In manned units, the COFFIN data is sent to a helmet-mounted display.
- One RAW-F body designed for air superiority.
The RAW-F bears some similarities to the ADF-01 FALKEN: both feature twin engines equipped with thrust-vector technology, and both feature a vertical stabilizer on the bottom of the aircraft. Unlike the FALKEN's forward-swept wings, the RAW-F uses two angular rear-facing wings. The RAW-F also lacks rear vertical stabilizers. Since it was designed for air-to-air dogfights, the RAW-F carries a powerful Tactical Laser System and Quick Maneuver Air-to-Air Missiles. The RAW-F does not have its own machine gun; instead, the controlling unit (whether a cockpit or an ADF-11) is equipped with a forward-facing Pulse Laser cannon. The wing unit provides stealth capabilities that will mask even attached ADF-11 craft from radar detection until the drone detaches itself.
The combined ADF-11F features phenomenal performance, capable of pulling turns tighter and faster than most aircraft. This is partially made possible through the Copro onboard artificial intelligence, which is loaded with a wealth of combat data provided by Mihaly A. Shilage for the EASA. For human pilots, Copro reduces their strain while pulling tight maneuvers. The combined ADF-11F can also carry two Weapon UAVs, one under each wing, and deploy them to support the main craft.
Gründer Industries designed the ADF-11F Raven using the Erusean Air and Space Administration's concept for "the ultimate in survivability". Gründer's chief researcher, Doctor Schroeder, gathered data on Mihaly A. Shilage's flight capabilities to advance the Zone of Endless AI and equip it onto two unmanned Ravens, codenamed Hugin and Munin. Ionela A. Shilage, Mihaly's granddaughter, discovered Schroeder's plan and destroyed his data chip before he could use it on more drones, but not before Hugin and Munin received the data at a remote manufacturing plant.
Hugin and Munin arrived at the International Space Elevator at the conclusion of Operation Daredevil and engaged the Osean and Erusean coalition forces, causing massive human casualties. Due to the efforts of Princess Rosa Cossette D'Elise and Avril Mead, the space elevator was offline, preventing the drones from using it as a transmission tower. They both flew around the space elevator for the next 16 hours, waiting for it to come back online. The drones' objective was to transmit their data to drone manufacturing plants across the continent and perpetuate the war.
The remaining coalition forces, including Strider, Sol, Rigel, Skoll, and Salamander Squadrons returned the next day and engaged the Ravens in Operation Hush. Despite suffering further losses, the coalition forces emerged victorious after Trigger inflicted heavy damage to both of the Ravens. Their cockpit ADF-11 units detached, but Trigger shot both of them down as well before any data was transmitted.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A large fighter created by North Osea Gründer Industries. The Erusean Air and Space Administration (EASA) planned to create a UAV-model and a few manned models; this aircraft is the latter. What makes the ADF-11F stand out is its ADF-11 nose unit and large wing unit, which can be changed to suit the operation at hand. It can be an air superiority fighter, an anti-surface bomber, an electronic surveillance aircraft, and more. The F-model wings, designed specifically for close-range combat, give the ADF-11F its name. Its nose is fitted with a small-bore laser cannon, while its wings are loaded with highly maneuverable anti-air missiles. Additionally, it is equipped with a high-output strategic laser system and a small, multipurpose UAV.
The unmanned version's nose unit is capable of flying independently, whereas the manned version utilizes a cockpit instead. Originally, the aircraft was designed to be able to detach from its wings if damaged enough to allow it to retreat to a safe area in order to preserve the AI's combat experience. Its nickname is "Raven.""
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- BODY: 28
- ARMS: 28
- MISC: 28
- Osea - Air superiority grey, red decals
- Erusea - White livery, similar to the ADFX-10, red decals
- Special - Black livery used by Hugin and Munin, white decals
- Mage - Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings
- Spare - Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings
- Strider - Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings
- Metallic Red - A metallic skin painted in classic Zone of Endless red livery, white decals
- The English version of Aces At War: A History 2019 mistakenly names this aircraft as the "ADF-11F Raven Raven".
- The cockpit view of this craft uses a blue/red stereoscopic 3D filter which can be used with corresponding 3D glasses.
- Raven is one of the bird species that are capable of sound mimicry, including human speech.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Aces At War: A History 2019, pages 120–121.
- ↑ Dataminer here. Found a few things: flyable ADF-11F?! Other strange text strings, full weapon list, etc..
- ↑ https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/ace-combat/news/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-reveal-of-the-3-first-dlcs-of-the-season-pass
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Dark Blue", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ File:ADF-11F Attacking AC7.jpg.
- ↑ File:ADF-11F ZOE.jpg.
- ↑ "The UAV Factory", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ "Lighthouse", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.