Plans for developing the ADFX-01 were discovered by the UNF in the USEA Federation during Operation Eternal Liberation. USEA had not completed a model by the time the plans were seized. The UNF used these plans to create their own line of ADFX-01s, beginning with the prototype "Block1" line. This prototype was awarded to some mercenaries operating with the UNF for testing in combat.
After successful tests, the UNF greenlit mass production of the base model.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A prototype fighter created by the UN Forces based on the plans from a certain country. Prior to mass production the aircraft is required to meet various requirements to be successful in combat. Taking this into consideration, the aircraft has been adapted to provide high maneuverability and a thrust weight ratio for a large scale aircraft. It also comes equipped with unique and powerful weapons. "Block1" refers to the first batch of prototype aircraft. The onboard "Tactical Laser System" is still being refined and its use has been limited in real combat."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- A player must accept and complete the limited-time Special Challenge that requires completion of 30 Online Co-Op Missions before August 31, 2014, 00:00 GMT. After this date, the Block1 Morgan will be unobtainable. When the Challenge is completed, 100% research will be put into the aircraft, and the player can then purchase it at level 1 for 2,700 credits.
- The aircraft was also purchasable with 120 Special Supply Tickets from Special Supply Items Catalogue from 1st January 2015 to 28th February 2015.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.yes and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.Expression error: Unrecognised word "yes".
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||22 / 38||22 / 38||22 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||24 / 40||24 / 40||24 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||25 / 41||25 / 41||25 / 41|
|Lv.20||26 / 42||26 / 42||26 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Blazing Light
- Lv.10: Test Pilot
- Standard: Gray body with yellow outlines. Implied to be modeled after the early T-50 PAK-FA prototypes.
- Event Skin #01: Slightly darker gray body with orange outlines. Available through Special Supply catalog for 60 Tickets from December 31, 2014 through February 28, 2015.
See more trivia at ADFX-01 Morgan.
- While the description of the Block1 Morgan states that the design plans were discovered in an 'unspecified hostile country', the only such country would be the USEA Federation, the country that the UNF was fighting.
- This is confirmed during Online Co-Op Missions, when an enemy unit can rarely be heard saying << I swear I've seen that plane before... >>
- However, it could also be referring to a country allied with the USEA Federation. If this is the case, Russia would be a likely choice, but no evidence is available to prove any country's involvement.
- In an April 2014 interview with Famitsu Weekly Magazine, Kazutoki Kono commented that the ADFX-01-1, or "ADFX-????" as it is called in Japanese news releases, is not the same aircraft as the Strangereal model, but a "wholly different" aircraft. He added that the Tactical Laser System would be significantly less powerful, by virtue of being a prototype. Indeed, the TLS has been reduced in firepower as well as number of shots available.
- The challenge to earn the Block1 Morgan was supposed to expire on August 5, 2014 at 23:59:59 GMT. At some point in mid-July, the expiration date was extended to August 31, 2014 at 00:00 GMT. This extension was not given a reason or even publicly mentioned anywhere.