- "A prototype fighter created by the UN Forces based on plans from an unspecified country. It can be equipped with powerful weapons such as the "TLS" (Tactical Laser System) and "MPBM" (Multi-Purpose Burst Missiles)."
- ― Short Description from Ace Combat Infinity
The ADFX-01 Morgan[note 1] is an original 4.5th generation fighter introduced in Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War. It is a playable version of the unplayable ADFX-02 Morgan featured in the game's final mission, "Zero", and includes the Tactical Laser System and unique Multi-Purpose Burst Missile special weapons.
The ADFX-01 did not feature in any other Ace Combat games until May 2014 with the release of Ace Combat Infinity. It was also featured in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown as part of the ADFX-01 Morgan Set DLC pack released on July 31, 2019.
The ADFX-01 was the first of the Advanced Dominance Fighter series, being an experimental aircraft designed to test advanced weaponry. It features large engine nacelles, canards, and forward-swept wings, which would become a staple of future ADF aircraft. The design did not take stealth into account, and the Morgan was classed as a 4.5th generation fighter aircraft. The aircraft featured an extremely large and cumbersome chemical laser weapon codenamed "Zoisite" mounted by struts atop the airframe, between the large engines. The size and positioning of this laser made it extremely vulnerable and volatile, leading to the addition of a G-limiter set to stop the aircraft from exceeding 7 G, so as to prevent damage to the laser or its connection to the aircraft. The ADFX-01 additionally featured an advanced ECM system codenamed Morganite, which can reduce the homing capabilities of enemy missiles while increasing the missile efficacy of both the aircraft and its allies, making the Morgan an invaluable asset during large-scale air battles.
The ADFX-01 was a fighter aircraft developed in 1985 by the South Belka Munitions Factory as a platform for next-generation weapon systems. Being the first Advanced Dominance Fighter, it was intended to surpass any mass production fighter in performance. The ADFX-01 had a twin in the form of the ADFX-02, which shared its body design and its edge over conventional jets; however, the 02 unit had a reinforced airframe as well as the ability to carry multiple weapons simultaneously.
The ADFX-01 was never deployed in battle by Belka, nor was it one of the technologies stolen by A World With No Boundaries. The plane was later found and confiscated by the former Allied Forces, becoming property of the Osean Federation for the next fifteen years.
On June 30, 2020, the Osean Air Defense Force flew an ADFX-01 Morgan at the ceremony commemorating the 25th anniversary of the end of the Belkan War. A few select photographers were allowed to ride in an F/A-18F Super Hornet to chase and take pictures of the Morgan.
Plans for developing the ADFX-01 were discovered by the UNF in the USEA Federation during Operation Eternal Liberation. USEA had not completed a model by the time the plans were seized. The UNF used these plans to create their own line of ADFX-01s, beginning with the prototype ADFX-01 -Block1- . This prototype was awarded to some mercenaries operating with the UNF for testing in combat.
After successful tests, the UNF greenlit mass production of the base model. This model was far more powerful than the Block1 model, incorporating more TLS shots as well as the Multi-Purpose Burst Missile. Additionally, all of its stats are superior to the Block1.
Later in the war, the USEA Federation managed to complete an unspecified number of Morgans during the conflict. A squadron of these aircraft were deployed to protect the descent of SOLG -Lexell- in Tokyo. UNF air squadrons that were deployed in the area to destroy the falling satellite were given an additional task to destroy all of the Morgans. In this engagement, SOLG -Lexell- was destroyed and all of the Morgans were shot down. The models completed by USEA Federation were more advanced compared to the UNF models, capable of carrying both the Tactical Laser System and the Multi-Purpose Burst Missile. Additionally, the TLS pods have the swiveling lens upgrade just like the pods seen on board the MQ-90Ls.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A fighter developed during the Belkan War. It started off as an experimental aircraft created by a government-run weapons production facility in the south of Belka, but was later completed by the Allied Forces headed by the Osean Federation after the alliance took over. At 23.9 meters, the ADFX-01 is extremely large, allowing it to carry an arsenal that includes high-output lasers and multipurpose air-burst missiles, as well as twin engines and forward-swept wings with canards, all made with the latest technology at the time. These features come together to create a highly maneuverable and capable fighter against even newer aircraft. Another interesting feature is the aircraft's ability to engage in electronic warfare (EW) with its very own EW system. The first version, "Morganite", was implemented in the Belkan War, where the data on the device's utility spoke for itself. Consequently, the technology was upgraded to allow for simultaneous electronic data accumulation, analysis, support, and defense. With EW having gained even greater importance in modern warfare, the ADFX-01 is capable of both overwhelming the enemy with firepower and leading, supporting, and sharing vital information with allied aircraft, effectively dominating the combat zone."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- BODY: 28
- ARMS: 28
- MISC: 28
- Osea - Solid black livery
- Erusea - "Luft-T3" multi-tone blue camouflage pattern
- Special - Larry Foulke livery without markings
- Mage - Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings
- Spare - Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings
- Strider - Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings
- Pixy - Special skin with Larry Foulke's livery and Cipher's markings
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A prototype fighter created by the UN Forces based on plans from an unspecified country. It is classified as a supreme aircraft within the 4.5th generation of fighter aircraft and can be equipped with powerful weapons such as the "TLS" (Tactical Laser System) and "MPBM" (Multi-Purpose Burst Missiles). It features forward-swept wings and canards resulting in high maneuverability despite its size as a large scale aircraft. However, during the golden age of stealth aircraft, the ADFX-01 Morgan failed to prove its worth and has remained a prototype ever since. Its codename is "Morgan," a reference to a fairy from the King Arthur legends."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The ADFX-01 Morgan is available on the Aircraft Tree.
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 34 BODY, 34 ARMS, and 34 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Wicked Pixy
- Lv.10: Warbird
- Lv.15: Fairy Queen
- Lv.20: Second Sun
- Black with grey trim
Cockpit with TLS activated
- Multi-tone blue camouflage "Luft-T3"
- Purchase from the Skilled Pilot Medal exchange for 200 (June 6, 2016–permanent)
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
- "Developed from an experimental aircraft of the South Belka National Weapons Plant, this all-weather multi-purpose aircraft's attack and defensive capabilities far exceed that of any other fighter."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- A player must complete the campaign of Ace Combat Zero three times, each time ending with a different Ace Style (Mercenary, Soldier, Knight). This doesn't have to be consecutive, and difficulty does not play a factor.
- Speed: 83
- Mobility: 98
- Stability: 68
- Defense: 80
- Air-to-Air: 99
- Air-to-Ground: 99
- Standard: Light red, which later would turn into the basis of Zone of Endless red paintjob from ADF-01.
- Mercenary: Multi-tone blue camouflage pattern, codenamed "Luft-T3"
- Soldier: Black, codenamed "Sperber"
- Knight: Reflective copper, codenamed "Coppertone"
- Special: Larry Foulke livery; ghost white body with a red right wing. Unlocked by completing the game on Expert difficulty.
- According to Aces At War: A History, the Morgan utilizes a GiL30mm cannon.
- Despite being called a Pixy skin by the game, the 7th skin featured in the Ace Combat 7 depiction of the Morgan is actually Cipher's version of the skin from Ace Combat Zero, including his 032 aircraft number and Galm emblem, despite Pixy's original Morgan in Zero featuring a Belkan Air Force roundel on the tail instead.
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.
- ADFX-01 Morgan (ADFX-01 モルガン)
- Aces At War: A History 2019, page 18.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, extended Hangar description
- Zero. Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- Aces At War: A History. Page not provided.
- ADFX-01 MORGAN First Prototype excerpts from Scale Aviation. Translation by TaskForce23.
- Online Co-Op Missions, Special Challenges, and Aircraft Tree. Ace Combat Infinity.