- The contents of this subpage are included at Nicknames § Aircraft Lv. Up.
The following nicknames are awarded by leveling up the respective aircraft to the respective level.
|A-6E Intruder||3||Duckling [note 1]|
|10||Legendary Classic [note 2]|
|15||World Ender [note 3]|
|20||Cool Hand [note 4]|
|A-6E -Nugget-||20||Special Force Pilot NUGGET|
|A-10A Thunderbolt II||3||A-10 Maniac|
|10||One Billion Volts [note 5]|
|15||The Stuka Bloodline [note 6]|
|20||Hand of Vengeance [note 7]|
|A-10A -Distant Thunder-||20||Electric Thunder|
|A-10A -Greg Gates-||20||Bald and Bearded [note 8]|
|A-10A -Happy Holidays-||20||Gift from Heaven [note 9]|
|A-10A -Oruma-||20||Thoughtful and Ambitious [note 10]|
|A6M5 Zero||3||Shoden [note 11]|
|10||Imperial Navy [note 12]|
|15||Instant Killer [note 13]|
|20||Holy Sword [note 14]|
|A6M5 -Flying Aces-||20||Way of the Samurai|
|ADA-01B ADLER||3||Electric Saw [note 15]|
|10||Two Eagles [note 16]|
|15||Anzu [note 17]|
|20||Romantic Fool [note 18]|
|ADA-01B -Vanquish-||20||Old and Strong [note 19]|
|ADF-01 FALKEN||3||Eye of Argus [note 20]|
|10||Lightning Bird [note 21]|
|15||Beam of Light [note 22]|
|20||Deus Ex Machina [note 23]|
|ADF-01 -Osea-||20||Scarlet Avant Garde Aircraft|
|ADF-01 -Z.O.E.-||20||Not Human [note 24]|
|ADFX-01 Morgan||3||Wicked Pixy [note 25]|
|10||Warbird [note 26]|
|15||Fairy Queen [note 27]|
|20||Second Sun [note 28]|
|ADFX-01 -Block1-||3||Blazing Light [note 29]|
|10||Test Pilot [note 30]|
|15||Fearless [note 31]|
|20||Adventure lover [note 32]|
|ADFX-01 -Pixy-||20||Zeal to Fight [note 33]|
|ASF-X Shinden II||3||Sea Lightning [note 34]|
|10||Ridgebacks [note 35]|
|15||Icarus [note 36]|
|20||Super Felix [note 37]|
|ASF-X -Experimental-||20||Prototype Extreme Model Aircraft [note 38]|
|ASF-X -Happy New Year-||20||Good Fortune [note 39]|
|ASF-X -Nagase-||20||Next Gen Support Fighter [note 40]|
|ASF-X -Ridgebacks-||20||Butterfly Hater [note 41]|
|ATD-0||3||Spirit of Tranquility [note 42]|
|15||Variable Wings [note 43]|
|ATD-0 -Experimental-||20||Made in Japan|
|ATD-0 -Happy New Year-||20||Happy New NUGGET|
|AV-8B Harrier II plus||3||Harrier Pilot|
|10||Pegasus [note 44]|
|15||The Select Few [note 45]|
|20||Microburst [note 46]|
|AV-8B -Aquarius-||20||No Crying Over Spilt Milk [note 47]|
|AV-8B -HIBIKI-||20||Pon De Beach [note 48]|
|AV-8B -Kim Aba-||20||Practice Makes Perfect|
|B-1B Lancer||3||Battlefield Flower [note 49]|
|10||American Star [note 50]|
|15||Freelancer [note 51]|
|20||Don Quixote [note 52]|
|B-1B -Razor-||20||Cooking Time [note 53]|
|B-2A Spirit||3||A Wish Fulfilled [note 54]|
|10||Soul of a Sky Pirate [note 55]|
|15||Obsidian Angel [note 56]|
|20||Secluded Beauty [note 57]|
|B-2A -THE IDOLM@STER-||20||THE IDOLM@STER|
|Bf 109 G-10||3||Swordsmith Trainee [note 58]|
|10||Luftwaffe [note 59]|
|15||Specialist [note 60]|
|20||Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds [note 61]|
|Bf 109 G-10 -Flying Aces-||20||Geniu of Geniuses [note 62]|
|CFA-44 Nosferatu||3||Missile Circus|
|CFA-44 -Strigon Leader-||20||Entrust|
|EA-18G Growler||3||Guardian Deity|
|EA-18G -Beast-||20||Wild Instinct|
|EA-6B Prowler||3||Good Driver|
|15||Wandering Sky Pirate|
|20||Sea of Monsters|
|F-2A -60th Anniversary-||20||Crimson Line|
|F-2A -AMI-||20||Triple Angel|
|F-2A -Experimental-||20||High Speed Charge|
|F-2A -Nagase-||20||Pride of Number 2|
|F-2A -Shogun-||20||Supreme One|
|F-4E Phantom II||3||Phantom Rider|
|20||No Plans To Retire|
|F-4E -20th Anniversary-||20||Token of Appreciation|
|F-4E -Mobius1-||20||Song of Liberty|
|F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel||3||Wild Weasel|
|20||Pride of the Vanguard|
|F-5E Tiger II||3||Beast Tamer|
|20||A Little Freedom|
|F-5E -Heartbreak One-||20||The Shy One|
|F-5E -Pisces-||20||Twisting Milky Way|
|F-5E -Shin Kazama-||20||Devil's Welcoming|
|F-14A Tomcat||3||Cat's Eyes|
|10||Variable Wing Devotee|
|F-14A -Archer-||20||Thank the Maintenance Soldiers|
|F-14A -Blaze-||20||Peace Keeper|
|F-14A -Chopper-||20||The Model Pilot|
|F-14A -Edge-||20||Princess of the Frozen Land|
|F-14A -Mickey Simon-||20||Fireball|
|F-14A -R1 Blaze-||20||Hero, Devil and Ghost|
|F-14A -R2 Edge-||20||Dark Devil|
|F-14A -R3 Swordsman-||20||Wandering Pilot|
|F-14A -R4 Archer-||20||Late Bloomer|
|F-14A -Zipang-||20||Fluttering Cherry Blossoms|
|F-14B Tomcat||3||Clean Shaven|
|15||Sea Cat Squadron|
|20||Bone & Feathers|
|F-14B -Persian Cat-||20||Cat with 9 Lives|
|F-14D Super Tomcat||3||Cat's Claw|
|10||Variable Wing Addict|
|15||Quick Strike [note 63]|
|F-14D -AZUSA-||20||Koi Kokoro|
|F-14D -Jolly Rogers-||20||Ocean Wanderer|
|F-15 S/MTD||3||Eight Wings|
|F-15 S/MTD -Leo-||20||Rightful Crown Bearer|
|F-15 S/MTD -Stripes-||20||Star Rainbow|
|F-15C Eagle||3||Eagle Driver|
|15||40 Seconds [note 64]|
|F-15C -Patriot-||20||Guardman of the Skies|
|F-15C -Scorpio-||20||One Hit Killer|
|F-15E Strike Eagle||3||Striker|
|15||High Mobility Aerial Fortress|
|20||All-Round Heavy Hitter|
|F-15E -Gemini-||20||Brave One of the Other World|
|F-15E -Guts-||20||Brave & Tough|
|F-15E -Shamrock-||20||Angel Witness|
|F-15E -Talisman-||20||Guardian of Loyalty|
|20||Guardian of the Far East|
|F-15J -60th Anniversary-||20||Blooming Cherry Blossom|
|F-15J -Hakuryu-||20||White Dragon|
|F-15J -Tiger-||20||Tiger of the Yamato|
|F-15SE Silent Eagle||3||Show-Off|
|F-15SE -Night Stalker-||20||Eagle Assassin|
|F-16C Fighting Falcon||3||Falcon|
|15||Aircraft Mafia [note 65]|
|20||Millennium [note 66]|
|F-16C -Gold Falcon-||20||Icon of Prosperity|
|F-16C -Libra-||20||Sword and Balance|
|F-16C -MAMI-||20||Houkago Jump|
|F-16C -Patriot-||20||Free Dreamer|
|F-16F Fighting Falcon||3||Desert Bird|
|20||Descendant of Vipers|
|F-16F -Desert Rock-||20||The Bouldermobile|
|10||Delta Wing Lover|
|F-16XL -Experimental-||20||Prototype Aircraft|
|F-20A Tigershark||3||Phantom Interceptor|
|F-20A -Shin Kazama-||20||Scorching Unicorn|
|F-22A Raptor||3||Airway Ruler|
|F-22A -Antares-||20||Fight Together As One|
|F-22A -Bishop-||20||Fighting Assault|
|F-22A -Flash-||20||Fighting Mirror|
|F-22A -Gryphus-||20||Gold Star of Victory|
|F-22A -HARUKA-||20||Suteki Happiness|
|F-22A -Mobius1-||20||The Sky is for Everyone|
|F-22A -Mobius2-||20||Witness of History|
|F-22A -Mobius3-||20||Reliable Brother|
|F-22A -Mobius4-||20||Homecoming King|
|F-22A -Reaper-||20||Master of the Infinite Sky|
|F-35A Lightning II||3||New Generation|
|F-35A -Prototype-||20||Close Cooperation|
|F-35B Lightning II||3||Joint Strike|
|15||Next Generation Devil|
|F-35B -Taurus-||20||White Ram|
|F-117A Nighthawk||3||Midnight Bird|
|20||Long Distance Driver|
|F-117A -Stars and Stripes-||20||The Dark Being|
|F-117A -YUKIHO-||20||Anohi No Namida|
|F/A-18F Super Hornet||3||Shining Needle|
|10||Watch the Angles [note 67]|
|20||Single Horned Rhino of the Deep|
|F/A-18F -Aquarius-||20||Spiral Nebula|
|F/A-18F -Avalanche-||20||Aviation Corps of the 2nd Carrier|
|F/A-18F -Black Hornet-||20||Chronos|
|F/A-18F -Jolly Rogers-||20||Conqueror of the Ocean|
|F/A-18F -Red Devils-||20||Red Flames|
|F/A-18F -RITSUKO-||20||Watashi Datte Onna No Ko|
|F/A-18F -Sagittarius-||20||General's Horse Shooter|
|FB-22 Strike Raptor||3||Deep Strike|
|20||Triangle of Death|
|FB-22 -Aries-||20||Golden Ram|
|GAF-1 Varcolac||3||Third-rate Actor|
|GAF-1 -Sulejmani-||20||Gold Fanatic|
|Gripen C||3||Lion's Wings|
|15||North European Beast|
|Gripen C -Griffon-||20||Winged Lion King|
|Gripen C -TAKANE-||20||Futatsu No Tsuki|
|J35J Draken||3||Lilldraken [note 68]|
|15||Guardian Dragon of the North|
|J35J -Cipher-||20||Soldier Ace|
|MiG-1.44 Flatpack||3||Excess Baggage|
|MiG-1.44 -Hamilton-||20||War Ender|
|MiG-21bis||3||Balalaika [note 69]|
|10||Mass Production Master|
|15||Missile Lover's Worst Enemy|
|MiG-21bis -Sagittarius-||20||The Difficult Strong Bow|
|MiG-21bis -Viper-||20||Chief Grim Reaper|
|15||The Red Swallow|
|MiG-29A -Libra-||20||Justice Balancer|
|MiG-31B Foxhound||3||Hunting Dog|
|10||Dragster [note 70]|
|15||Embodiment of Speed [note 71]|
|20||Black Dog [note 72]|
|MiG-35D Super Fulcrum||3||Fourth Generation ++|
|15||South Sea Phantom|
|20||No Blind Spots|
|Mirage 2000-5||3||Delta Wing Crazy|
|15||Heat Haze In The Sky|
|Mirage 2000-5 -Experimental-||20||All for Nothing|
|Mirage 2000-5 -Magicien-||20||Meteor|
|Mirage 2000-5 -Scorpio-||20||Barrier Breaker|
|Mirage 2000-5 -White Tiger-||20||Hungry Tiger|
|Mirage 2000-5 -YAYOI-||20||Pla Sonic Love!|
|15||Prince of Good & Evil|
|P-38L -Flying Aces-||20||Devoted Husband|
|R-101 Delphinus #1||3||SARF|
|10||NEU Consulting Pilot|
|15||Chief Consulting Pilot [note 73]|
|R-101 -Neucom-||20||Flag Holder of the New Generation|
|Rafale M||3||The Wind of Battle|
|10||Freedom & Love|
|Rafale M -Cocoon-||20||Queen|
|Rafale M -Golden Gale-||20||Fair Wind of Good Luck|
|Rafale M -IORI-||20||Zenryoku Idol|
|Rafale M -Mobius7-||20||Nice Assistor|
|Rafale M -Mobius8-||20||Stormy Life Walker|
|Rafale M -Pisces-||20||Emergency Evasive Flight|
|Rafale M -Vent d'Ange-||20||Marine Blue Angel|
|SKY KID -Blue Max #1-||20||Beauty & the Bomb|
|SKY KID -Blue Max #2-||20||Hawk of Bird Land|
|SKY KID -Red Baron #1-||20||BOMB THIS TARGET!|
|SKY KID -Red Baron #2-||20||Rapid Shooter|
|Su-24M Fencer-D||3||Sword Wielder|
|10||Variable Wing Freak|
|20||Blade Lightning Bullet Rain|
|10||Variable Wing Maniac|
|Su-24MP -Capricorn-||20||Panic in the Sky|
|Su-25TM Frogfoot||3||Sturmovik [note 74]|
|10||Grach [note 75]|
|20||Thoughts and Memories|
|Su-25TM -Raven-||20||Black Bird|
|20||Eight Hermits of Mt. Konron|
|Su-33 Flanker-D||3||Ski Jumper [note 76]|
|15||White Night in the Arctic Circle|
|20||Hero's Right Arm|
|Su-33 -Crimson Wing-||20||Crimson|
|Su-33 -Pirates-||20||Pirate Admiral|
|20||Super First Class|
|Su-34 -Alisa & Xiaoyu-||20||Battle Bonds|
|Su-34 -Black Duck-||20||Flying Roller Coaster|
|Su-34 -Capricorn-||20||Gate of Gods|
|Su-35 Flanker-E||3||Type E|
|Su-35 -Jin-||20||Lightning of Fate|
|Su-35 -Kazuya-||20||Cold Blooded Prince|
|Su-35 -Scarface1-||20||Man Worth A Thousand|
|Su-37 -Gene-||20||Last Captain|
|Su-37 -Jean Louis-||20||Following the Shadow of a Hero|
|Su-37 -Kiriakov-||20||The Bragging On|
|Su-37 -Rena Hirose-||20||Direct Nerve Connection|
|Su-37 -Yellow4-||20||The Number 2|
|Su-37 -Yellow13-||20||Sky of Farbanti|
|Su-47 Berkut||3||Golden Eagle [note 77]|
|15||King of the Skies|
|Su-47 -Albireo-||20||Fairy Piece|
|Su-47 -Grabacr-||20||Root of the World Tree|
|Su-47 -Virgo-||20||Law Maker|
|Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXe||3||Rebounder|
|20||Spirit of John Bull|
|Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXe -Flying Aces-||20||Grey Cap|
|T-50 PAK-FA||3||Compound Eyes|
|15||Hero of the Russian Federation [note 78]|
|20||Ruler of Frozen Grounds|
|T-50 -Akula-||20||Former Hero|
|T-50 -Albireo-||20||Birds Eye|
|Typhoon||3||Eye of the Storm|
|15||Ten Rules of Aerial Conflict|
|Typhoon -Fiona Chris Fitzgerald-||20||Conqueror|
|Typhoon -MAKOTO-||20||Zekken, Aruiwa Nigerarenu Koi|
|Typhoon -Mobius5-||20||Air to Land Specialist|
|Typhoon -Mobius6-||20||Best Contributor|
|Typhoon -Omega-||20||King of Being Shot|
|X-02 Wyvern||3||Jack Knife [note 79]|
|X-02 -Knight-||20||Steel Glory|
|X-02 -Tiger-||20||Force Rider|
|X-29A||3||Chimera Machine [note 80]|
|10||Forward Swept Wing Master|
|X-29A -Cancer-||20||Citizen of Amone|
|X-29A -Experimental-||20||Sharp Pilot|
|X-49 Night Raven||3||Nevermore|
|10||Winged Terror of the Dark Night|
|15||Dome of Stars|
|X-49 -Rena Hirose-||3||Determined|
|XFA-27 -Happy Holidays-||20||Record of War|
|XFA-27 -Scarface1-||20||Silver Hero|
|XFA-33 Fenrir||3||Wolf Pack|
|15||Twilight of the Gods|
|XFA-33 -Alect-||20||Mr. Elite|
|YF-23 Black Widow II||3||Spider [note 81]|
|10||Grey Ghost [note 82]|
|15||Good Loser [note 83]|
|20||Rough Diamond [note 84]|
|YF-23 -Z.O.E.-||20||Zone of Endless|
- ↑ "Duckling": Referring to the A-6E's body design.
- ↑ "Legendary Classic": The A-6E's first flight was in 1960.
- ↑ "World Ender": The A-6 has been used in many real-world conflicts, including the Vietnam War and the Gulf War.
- ↑ "Cool Hand": A reference to Flight of the Intruder, a 1991 film where the main character, an A-6 pilot, was named Jake "Cool Hand" Grafton.
- ↑ "One Billion Volts": A reference to the A-10's name, "Thunderbolt". The top of a cloud producing positive lightning can exceed one billion volts.
- ↑ "The Stuka Bloodline": "Stuka" is an alternate name of the Junkers Ju 87. Hans-Ulrich Rudel was a notable pilot of the Ju 87, and he provided input that was used in the A-10's development.
- ↑ "Hand of Vengeance": A reference to the A-10's gun, the GAU-8 Avenger.
- ↑ "Bald and Bearded": A description of Greg Gates's visual appearance.
- ↑ "Gift from Heaven": Bombs count as gifts from Santa, right?
- ↑ "Thoughtful and Ambitious": A reference to Daniel Oruma's characteristics.
- ↑ "Shoden": Japanese for "first teachings", representing the first upgrades of the A6M5.
- ↑ "Imperial Navy": The A6M was the most famous aircraft of the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service in World War II.
- ↑ "Instant Killer": The Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service could use the A6M's powerful cannons to instantly kill most USAAF aircraft.
- ↑ "Holy Sword": A mistranslation of the Japanese 剣聖 (kensei), which literally translates to "sword saint" but is more accurately translated as "master swordsman", a reference to the Japanese samurai.
- ↑ "Electric Saw": The ends of the main wings look like saw blades.
- ↑ "Two Eagles": The ADLER was created as a ground-attack variant of the FALKEN, where both would support each other on missions. "Adler" is German for "eagle" and "falken" is German for "falcon". Hence, two eagle-like aircraft flying together.
- ↑ "Anzu": The Anzû is a Mesopotamian beast with an eagle's body and a lion's head.
- ↑ "Romantic Fool": Believed to refer to players who have waited since 2004 to fly the ADLER, and now that it is available, have leveled it up to Lv.20.
- ↑ "Old and Strong": The ADLER is based on one of the oldest airframes in the Ace Combat series (the FALKEN debuted in Ace Combat 2 in 1998), and the Vanquish is the strongest Attacker aircraft in Infinity.
- ↑ "Eye of Argus": A reference to Argus Panoptes, a giant in Greek mythology said to have a hundred eyes. The ADF-01's COFFIN cockpit is surrounded by numerous cameras that can be called the aircraft's "eyes". In addition, the player's AWACS in Air Combat 22 had the callsign "Argus Eyes".
- ↑ "Lightning Bird": A mistranslation of "雷鳥", which refers to the rock ptarmigan. The individual characters literally translate to "thunder/lightning" and "bird", which refers to the Thunderbird, potentially described as an eagle or falcon.
- ↑ "Beam of Light": A direct reference to the Tactical Laser System. It has also been theorized that the Japanese kanji, "一条の光明", means "a light in the dark", referring to the ADF-01 being the first major development ("a light") for Belka, who was in "the dark" following the Belkan War.
- ↑ "Deus Ex Machina": The original meaning of this phrase was "god from the machine". The ADF-01's first use in combat was under the control of the Zone of Endless AI.
- ↑ "Not Human": A mistranslation of 人間以上, which more accurately translates to "superhuman" or "godlike". This is in reference to the Zone of Endless AI controlling this version of the aircraft; it doesn't have the concern of G-forces affecting it like humans do, making it more combat-capable than humans.
- ↑ "Wicked Pixy": A mistranslation of 背徳の妖精, which is more accurately translated as "Immoral Pixy" or "Corrupt Pixy", referring to Larry Foulke killing Patrick James Beckett and attempting to launch a V2 at the end of Ace Combat Zero.
- ↑ "Warbird": A warbird is a vintage military aircraft. In the Strangereal timeline of fictional aircraft, the ADFX-01 is a relatively vintage aircraft, having been designed in the 1980s.
- ↑ "Fairy Queen": The ADFX-01's name, "Morgan", comes from the Arthurian enchantress, Morgan le Fay. "le Fay" is French for "the fairy", and Morgan herself has held the title of Queen in various Arthurian works.
- ↑ "Second Sun": Possibly a reference to the explosion effect of the MPBM.
- ↑ "Blazing Light": A direct reference to the Tactical Laser System.
- ↑ "Test Pilot": A reference to this aircraft being a prototype model.
- ↑ "Fearless": You'd have to be fearless to take a low-performance Special Aircraft to Lv.15, taking it up against players using much better aircraft.
- ↑ "Adventure lover": Like "Fearless", you'd have to love adventures to take a low-performance aircraft to Lv.20.
- ↑ "Zeal to Fight": A mistranslation of one of Larry Foulke's repeated lines in Ace Combat Zero: "Have you found a reason to fight yet, Buddy?"
- ↑ "Sea Lightning": A reference to the naval variant of the aircraft.
- ↑ "Ridgebacks": The name of Ridgeback Squadron, who pilot ASF-X Shinden IIs.
- ↑ "Icarus": A reference to Ace Combat: Ikaros in the Sky, where the ASF-X plays a major role.
- ↑ "Super Felix": Some sources claim that the Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden would have had the Allied codename "Felix" if it had entered service. The ASF-X's name, "Shinden II", is a reference to the J7W1.
- ↑ "Prototype Extreme Model Aircraft": This refers to the ASF-X -Experimental- pushing each of its internal parts to their limits.
- ↑ "Good Fortune": This could be in reference to good fortune for a happy new year, as in the aircraft's name. However, the original Japanese kanji, 金運祈願, refers to a "prayer for good fortune" in the economic sense. This is likely a reference to the yellow/gold color of the aircraft, and the gold box drops.
- ↑ "Next Gen Support Fighter": The ASF-X is a next-generation aircraft designed as the JASDF's main support fighter.
- ↑ "Butterfly Hater": Nagase will never forgive her... never.
- ↑ "Spirit of Tranquility": A literal mistranslation of 和の心, which more accurately translates to "Heart of Japan". The ATD-0 is based off of Japan's indigenous aircraft, the X-2.
- ↑ "Variable Wings": A mistranslation of 可能性の翼, which more accurately translates to "Wings of Possibility", a reference to the Operation: Future Prospect trailer.
- ↑ "Pegasus": This is a reference to the AV-8B's Rolls-Royce Pegasus engine.
- ↑ "The Select Few": A reference to the United States Marine Corps, the primary users of the Harrier. "The Few, The Proud."
- ↑ "Microburst": A microburst is a localized downdraft of wind. A small effect similar to a microburst is caused by VTOL aircraft like the AV-8B.
- ↑ "No Crying Over Spilt Milk": The Japanese version of this nickname, 覆水盆に返らず, is a proverb about Jiang Ziya during the Chinese Zhou dynasty. Legend says that he visited a woman he was once married to, and requested a bowl of water, but accidentally dropped it. He realized, "Water that is once spilled cannot go back to the bowl, just as our marriage cannot be what it once was." Since "Aquarius" is Latin for "water bearer", Project Aces used the proverb as the AV-8B -Aquarius-'s nickname. The closest translation of the proverb to English is "It's no use crying over spilled milk," hence the English nickname.
- ↑ "Pon De Beach": Hibiki Ganaha's new song in THE iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL.
- ↑ "Battlefield Flower": A reference to the B-1B's ability to cover the ground in bombs.
- ↑ "American Star": The B-1B is solely operated by the USAF.
- ↑ "Freelancer": A pun on the B-1B's name, "Lancer".
- ↑ "Don Quixote": A reference to Don Quixote, a tale of a man who loses his sanity and aims to restore chivalry and knighthood. He uses a lance, which plays on the B-1B's name, "Lancer".
- ↑ "Cooking Time": A reference to Finn during Launch in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon: "Let's roast some marshmallows."
- ↑ "A Wish Fulfilled": Jack Northrop, the founder of Northrop Corporation, was convinced since the 1930s that flying wing designs were the future, and worked hard to make them a reality. He passed away in 1981, prior to the B-2's first flight in 1989, but he did get to hold a scale model of the B-2. With the B-2's production, Northrop's wish was fulfilled.
- ↑ "Soul of a Sky Pirate": Mistranslation of 空賊の魂 which more accurately translates to "Spirit of a Sky Pirate", a reference to the B-2's name, "Spirit".
- ↑ "Obsidian Angel": A reference to the B-2's black color.
- ↑ "Secluded Beauty": When the B-2 is not in flight, it is stored in temperature- and humidity-controlled hangars to preserve its stealth. This is comparable to some people believing that keeping beautiful women in temperature-controlled areas will maintain their beauty.
- ↑ "Swordsmith Trainee": Potentially a literal translation of "Messerschmitt", the aircraft's name, to "sword" ("messer") and "smith" ("schmitt").
- ↑ "Luftwaffe": The name of Germany's aerial forces during World War II.
- ↑ "Specialist": Donald Kingaby was a Royal Air Force ace in World War II. He received the nickname "109 Specialist" for his record in shooting down over a dozen Bf 109s during the war.
- ↑ "Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds": The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its grades were the highest military awards in Nazi Germany, the Bf 109's indigenous country. The "Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds" is the second-highest grade of the award.
- ↑ "Geniu of Geniuses": Hans-Joachim Marseille, whose livery is used in the design of the Bf 109 -FA-, was the most successful Bf 109 ace, and was described as "the most amazing and ingenious combat pilot I ever saw" by Werner Schröer.
- ↑ "Quick Strike": The Quickstrike or QuickStrike was a proposed variant of the F-14D with multiple improvements over the base model.
- ↑ "40 Seconds": John Boyd, also known as "Forty Second Boyd", was a flight instructor who claimed that he could defeat any opposing pilot in air combat maneuvering in 40 seconds or less. He helped provide input for the F-15's development.
- ↑ "Aircraft Mafia": The Fighter Mafia was a group of USAF officers and analysts who pushed for inexpensive, lightweight fighter aircraft, which had a notable role in the F-16's development.
- ↑ "Millennium": A play on the Millennium Falcon's name from Star Wars.
- ↑ "Watch the Angles": A potential reference to the F/A-18F's wings when they're folded, as they make nearly-right angles. On the Japanese client of Infinity, this nickname actually translates to "Beware of Horn", a reference to the aircraft's informal "Rhino" nickname.
- ↑ "Lilldraken": The informal nickname of the Saab 210, which was the testbed for the double-delta concept in the J35J.
- ↑ "Balalaika": The MiG-21's planform design has been noted to look similar to a balalaika, which became a popular nickname for the aircraft. A MiG-21-93 ace in Ace Combat: Joint Assault uses the callsign "Balalaika".
- ↑ "Dragster": Dragsters were vehicles used in drag racing, built for high speeds. The MiG-31 is notable for its high speed compared to most other aircraft.
- ↑ "Embodiment of Speed": A direct reference to the MiG-31's high speed.
- ↑ "Black Dog": A play on the "Foxhound" name, potentially referencing the black dog ghost, a harbinger of death.
- ↑ "Chief Consulting Pilot": The title held by Cynthia Bridgitte Fitzgerald, a leading Delphinus researcher and pilot at Neucom Incorporated.
- ↑ "Sturmovik": Russian for "attack aircraft".
- ↑ "Grach": "Грач" ("rook"), the Russian Air Force's name for the Su-25TM.
- ↑ "Ski Jumper": The Su-33 operates from the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov, which has a ski jump at the end of its runway.
- ↑ "Golden Eagle": "Berkut" is Russian for "golden eagle".
- ↑ "Hero of the Russian Federation": Sergey Bogdan, a notable PAK-FA test pilot, was awarded this title in 2011. Andrei Markov, who flew the PAK-FA in the final missions of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, also held this title before the game's events.
- ↑ "Jack Knife": A jackknife, or pocketknife, folds and unfolds its blade similar to how the X-02 folds and unfolds its wings.
- ↑ "Chimera Machine": Like the mythological Chimera, the X-29A is made of parts from multiple aircraft, including the F-5E's fuselage, the F-16's landing gear, and the F/A-18's single engine.
- ↑ "Spider": The nickname of the first YF-23 prototype (also named "Black Widow II"). A YF-23 ace in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception uses the callsign "Spider".
- ↑ "Grey Ghost": The nickname of the second YF-23 prototype.
- ↑ "Good Loser": The YF-23 lost to the F-22 in the Advanced Tactical Fighter competition and was never mass-produced.
- ↑ "Rough Diamond": A direct reference to the shape of the YF-23's wingspan.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.