Awakening is the first mission of the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere. It is also the first mission on the UPEO campaign. This mission allows the player to familiarize themselves with the game's controls, as well as grasp the basics of the storyline.
- "Relations between General Resource and Neucom have been tense for the past ten years. Breaking the stalemate, Neucom has finally launched a major military operation against General Resource. In response to this situation, the UPEO decides to deploy SARF, their special air force, to prevent the relations between the two companies from deteriorating further."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
At 0750 hours today, Neucom initiated a large-scale military strike against General Resource. We the UPEO, in order to prevent further escalation, must curb these activities. Should Neucom ignore our warning, use of force will be inevitable. Good luck to you all. Dismissed.
If the player takes longer than three minutes to shoot down the R-501s, the mission will then end when the fourth is shot down.
This Mission Update will only activate if the R-501s are shot down in less than three minutes.
A second wave of R-101s will appear. Only one of them is marked as TGT. Shooting down the TGT R-101 will complete the mission.
The mission was a success. We will put our hopes on you in the future.
- Mission 1: Awakening - Ace Combat 3: International Edition (2015) English. YouTube. Uploaded by Zaptroxix. Translation by Project Nemo.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 067.
- Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book, page 066.
|Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere Missions (Japan)|
|Unused / Demos|