- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Hell Bound.
Intelligence reports that Belka is developing nuclear arms and V2, a weapon of mass destruction. The Allied Forces' top brass have decided to send troops across the Hydrian Line to check for nuclear arms and secure resource interests. Centered on the ruined base of Glatisant, the Hydrian Line, Belka's long line of defense, stretches 700 km from Osea's southern border to the border of Sapin. Situated at the peak of Mt. Ivrea, the ruins of Glatisant have been transformed into a modern base with antiaircraft artillery and a powerful defense system. The Galm Team's mission is to launch an aerial strike on Glatisant, opening the door to Belka for our ground troops. In all probability, this will be an extended operation. You will be able to refuel during the latter half of the mission. If you're low on fuel, temporarily withdraw from the battle and return to base. Good luck.
The player must engage and destroy a large portion of Glatisant's defenses. Glatisant's AA GUNs and special artillery installations are very powerful and fire quite often. The player must maneuver their way around the fire to avoid taking too much damage.
After the player destroys the CTRL.TOWER in the center of the map, a Return Line will appear at the bottom of the map. The player can use the Return Line to rearm their plane if they run out of ammo. At this point, the player can fly to any of the four corners of the map to continue the operation.
Once the player reaches the score threshold of 16,000 points, the mission automatically ends.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|AA GUN||100||4||[note 5]|
|050||F-117A "Spuk"||1300||Very Easy||Mercenary||[note 6]|
|051||F-20A "Vampir 1"||900||Very Easy||Soldier||[note 7]|
|052||F-20A "Vampir 2"||900||Very Easy||Soldier||[note 7]|
|053||MiG-29A "Iris"||900||Very Easy||Knight||[note 8]|
|054||Su-32 "Mumie"||1580||Ace||[note 9]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires completing it in 20 minutes or less. It is recommended to engage the sectors at the bottom of the map since these are closest to the Return Line. This minimizes the time the player will spend flying to and from the Return Line to rearm.
The operation was a success. Glatisant has fallen. The Allied Forces have broken through the Hydrian Line, bringing the battle to Belka. I must inform you, however, that while you were on your mission, we received a report that the squadron attacking from Ustio's border was wiped out by a mysterious attack. We are currently investigating this incident.
- Shooting down either of the first two AV-8Bs will cause another one to spawn.
- These three MiG-29As spawn after the player destroys the CTRL.TOWER in the center of the map, along with any nine SAMs and/or AA GUNs protecting the CTRL.TOWER.
- These two MiG-29As spawn after the player destroys the two AH-64s in the bottom-left of the map. These two MiG-29As also respawn one time if the player destroys both of them.
- These two MiG-29As spawn after the player destroys all enemies in the top-right of the map.
- These SAMs and AA GUNs spawn in the top-right of the map after the player destroys the five initial AA GUNs in that sector.
- "Spuk" spawns near the player if the player earns 5,000 points or more in the first 7 minutes of the mission, and after the player neutralizes the sector at the top-right of the map.
- Vampir Squadron spawns at the top of the map if the player earns 5,000 points or more in the first 7 minutes of the mission, and after the player neutralizes the sector at the top-right of the map.
- "Iris" spawns in the top-left of the map if the player earns 5,000 points or more in the first 7 minutes of the mission, and after the player neutralizes the sector at the top-left of the map.
- Shooting down "Mumie" unlocks the Su-32's Special color. Mumie spawns in the center-left of the map after the player neutralizes the sector in the bottom-left of the map.
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 066–067.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|