"We are planning a surprise attack to recapture our country's largest air base, the Sachana Air Base. The base, with its large supply warehouses, is a crucial strategic point as well as a vital supply channel. By securing Sachana Air Base, our forces will gain a necessary staging point for a combined allied assault on the capitol. At present, the Leasath Air Force is grounded, but they're mobilizing to aid ground forces fighting on the Kalana Steppes. The Skylla Unit is also rumored to be stationed at Sachana Air Base. They are an elite team highly skilled in anti-aircraft tactics. A head-on confrontation must be avoided at all costs. Therefore, we have devised a plan to penetrate deep into enemy territory and strike while their attention is still focused on the Kalana Steppes. A sweeping radar net lies between here and Sachana Air Base."
Easy difficulty: "However, by flying at an altitude of 1600 feet (500 meters), you should be able to make it through undetected. A sudden and precise strike on the base will greatly increase our chances of winning without risking a head-on confrontation."
Normal difficulty: "However, by flying at an altitude of 1300 feet (400 meters), you should be able to make it through undetected. A sudden and precise strike on the base will greatly increase our chances of winning without risking a head-on confrontation."
Hard difficulty or above: "However, by flying at an altitude of 1000 feet (300 meters), you should be able to make it through undetected. A sudden and precise strike on the base will greatly increase our chances of winning without risking a head-on confrontation."
Gryphus One is tasked with infiltrating the enemy radar network and neutralizing Sachana Air Base, leading the way for a combined allied assault on Griswall.
In order to remain hidden, the player must fly below a certain altitude (the maximum altitude differs depending on the chosen difficulty as stated in the mission briefing), as well as to sink all of the patrol boats undetected in either one of two routes: the first, which is drectly in front of him, contains a number of turns heading northwest and another, located farther to the left, features a much straighter path.
Once the boats in either route are sunk, the Mission Update will commence and the player is clear to freely engage the mission-critical targets. After destroying a few TGT-marked objects, the Skylla Unit will appear within the base's perimeter. They must also be eliminated to complete the mission. After the mission is complete, the player can perform an optional landing.
|Mission Update||B-2A Spirit||580||3|
|F-15E Strike Eagle||560||2||[note 1]|
|MiG-31 Foxhound||500||2||[note 2]|
|CH-47||100||Easy||Star Unit. Unlocks Extra V Canard when destroyed. [note 3]|
|TND-F3 "GACRUX"||1080||Normal||[note 4]|
An S-Rank is achieved when the mission is completed in under five minutes and thirty seconds, regardless of the score.
"The surprise attack was a success. Sachana Air Base is back in our hands. Air power from the base will be a vital asset, especially in the battle to retake Griswall. I have a feeling that the day of our capital's liberation is not far off."
- There are towers flashing lights scattered across the map, and while lacking a target box for lock on they can be destroyed with aircraft weapons. Each tower yields 50 points to the mission score. However, upon reaching the Sachana air base the towers will disappear together with all other targets in the first phase of the mission.
- Appears when one enemy has been destroyed after the Mission Update.
- Appears after the majority of enemies have been destroyed.
- Appears to the west of the radar net. Despawns when three minutes pass or the Mission Update is triggered.
- Appears with the reinforcements if the Mission Update is triggered in under three minutes.
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - The Complete Guide, pages 108-111.
- "The Tower Run - Ace Combat X, High Score in M9A: Blitz With Hidden Targets". YouTube. Published on January 10, 2018. Retrieved on December 30, 2020.