Blockade is the fourth campaign mission of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
We've discovered the Erusians [sic] are transporting a large quantity of strategic supplies and rapid deployment troops into Comberth Harbor. Comberth appears to be the staging area for an attack on North Point. The Aegir Fleet stationed here, seems to be the centerpiece of this strike. If the Erusians [sic] complete their troop preparations and the Aegir Fleet sets sail, this will bring about our defeat in this war. Your mission is to intercept and shoot down the enemy transport planes in and around Comberth Harbor. Let's show them how vulnerable they are. Be advised, the transport aircraft have ECMs onboard that emit powerful jamming signals.[sic] Rely on visual contact rather than radar!
The mission's primary targets are the three C-17 transport planes, which are escorted by fighter jets and two E-767s. The E-767s have jamming capability, obscuring the area in their vicinity on the radar. Shooting down the E-767s will cause jamming effect to disappear.
|MIR-2000 "RIGAUX"||240||1||[note 2]|
An S rank for this mission requires 1,280 points on Normal difficulty or above (1,080 points on Easy difficulty or below). Destroy as many non-TGT enemies as possible to obtain the required score.
The mission was a success. This Erusian [sic] air corridor has been effectively shut down.
- The mission briefing contains a mistranslation. The English briefing seems to imply that the transports and the jammers are the same aircraft, which is not true. The Japanese briefing clearly differentiates between the transports and jammers as two separate aircraft.
- Windmills can be found at ground level within the mission airspace. If the player shoots at them, AWACS SkyEye will order the player to cease firing, which normally occurs if the player attacks friendly aircraft or ground units. Given their location within Erusean-occupied territory, it is likely that they are civilian windmills.
- Jamming blocks the area on the radar around the aircraft, periodically showing other aircraft within.
- The player must have completed the campaign, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Rigaux appears north of the western jamming circle.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Official Guide Book, pages 036-037.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Perfect Guide, pages 070-073.
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Missions|