- "A large cargo aircraft commonly used by General Resource. Developed solely for transporting of cargo, it lacks the ability to carry other kinds of equipment. Other variants like the tanker craft also exist."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
The C-17B is simply a C-17A modified with larger high bypass turbofans. The turbofan placement has been moved to within the wing to use the Coandă effect to enable better STOL capability. It is equipped with a Connection For Flight Interface to lessen crew requirements and is capable of taking on many supporting roles.
The GRDF deploys C-17Bs for emergency military operations, and they can land at any frontline base to transport troops. A refueling variant, the EK-17U, was also developed for use by the Universal Peace Enforcement Organization.
The aircraft's specifications are as follows:
- Length: 53.04 m (174.02 ft)
- Wingspan: 51.76 m (169.82 ft)
- Height: 16.79 m (55.09 ft)
- Weight: 265350 kg (584996.61 lbs)
- Max speed: 942 km/h (585.33 mph)