- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of Sonne Island.
- For the superweapon, see Chandelier.
- For the song, see Chandelier (song).
I'll be relaying orders to you. We have received preliminary results from the tests regarding the recent missile attack. We've spotted a potential launch area for that second cruise missile shot at Gracemeria. It most likely came from a facility in the northern sea of Estovakia -- somewhere in the vicinity of Sonne Island. About 15 years ago... The Ulysses collision brought about a state of misery and fear unprecedented in modern history. Nations worldwide took their own measures on how to deal with the impending crisis posed by meteors if they were to hit the earth. The Estovakians had developed a giant rail gun for the purpose of intercepting those meteors, but for some reason they stopped short of bringing it to fruition, and soon after, meteors had fallen on many nations -- Estovakia among them. There is not much intelligence available concerning this giant rail gun, and nothing of it has been made public since the prototype. Some from the Emmerian Ministry of Science and Technology were concerned about the potential dangers of the meteor interception system used as a weapon of war. As crisis loomed, the nations banded together and decided to prohibit any further development of the meteor interception system. Although the technology was being developed for peaceful purposes, the potential for evil was far too great[note 1] a risk to take. Emmeria cannot be at peace until the threat of cruise missiles has been completely eliminated. You've been assigned to investigate an area just north of Sonne Island. Destroy any cruise missiles found and their facilities. If you happen to encounter any threatening objects, move into attack formation immediately. Blow the hell out of all targets. It's time to put an end to this tragic period in our history, which has emerged as a result of the Ulysses incident.
Mission Update 1
Mission Update 2
Mission Update 3
| || AEGIS|
| || CRUISER|
| || DESTROYER|
|Mission Update 1||SHIELDING||300||12|
|Mission Update 2||BACK-UP C.UNIT||1500||1|
|AA GUN||100||6||[note 2]|
|Mission Update 3||F-4E||240||3|
|F-4E "KOROL"||2000||Expert||[note 3]|
- ↑ The English subtitles incorrectly state "far too great of".
- ↑ The six AA GUNs in Mission Update 2 are defensive towers at the front of the entrance to Chandelier's back-up cooling unit.
- ↑ KOROL spawns with the three other F-4Es when the CORE is available to target. The player must be quick, since they only have 60 seconds when "MISSION UPDATE" appears to destroy KOROL's aircraft and also complete the mission.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Complete Guide, page 113.
- ↑ "Chandelier", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
|Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Missions|
|Ace of Aces|