- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Eastern Wind.
Erusea has made a declaration of war to the Osean Federation and all countries on the Usean continent stationing the IUN Peacekeeping Force...that we are now at war. Right after the declaration was made, surprise attacks began around the continent that have inflicted major damage to our armed forces. Forces aligned with Erusea are currently appearing throughout Usea. The combination of these forces has overwhelmed the majority of the continent, and are now encroaching on us in the east. Additionally, the multi-national space elevator has been seized by the Erusean military. After the previous war, the space elevator became both a symbol of peace and a valuable asset in the fight against growing energy concerns. Whoever has control of it will have enormous influence over the entire continent. We cannot turn a blind eye to this critical situation. The Fort Grays Air Base Squadron has been entered into the order of battle to reclaim the elevator...as an advance element. First, you will attack all hostiles coming in the east of Scofield Plateau to stop any interference with the allied ground troops. The enemy has deployed several vehicles equipped with anti-air radar along the roads. You are to destroy them. They should not pose much of a threat. However, there is a high likelihood that the attack will draw more enemy air support. If that happens, fight them off swiftly and establish air superiority.
The player's first objective is to destroy the TGTs, which include radar vehicles. The player is then tasked with destroying targets around the air base.
After a certain amount of time has passed, the next phase of the mission will be triggered. Five MQ-99s will be launched and must be shot down. The mission is completed once the player shoots down all UAVs.
|Mission Update 1||C-17||1,000||3||[note 2]|
|Mission Update 2||MQ-99||350||5|
|MiG-29 "JESTER"||1,100||[note 3]|
You've given us air superiority by destroying their radar. The first barrier keeping us from retaking the space elevator is gone. Now is the time to group up and begin the counteroffensive. Let us reclaim what is ours.
Earning an S Rank on this mission requires earning a combined score and time bonus of 33,000 points or more.
The maximum time bonus available is 25,550 for completing the mission in a total of 6 minutes or less. This includes time spent retrying from the checkpoint. If the player can complete the mission in that amount of time, they only need 7,450 points from destroying targets in the mission itself to earn the S Rank.
If the player goes past the 6 minute threshold, the time bonus decreases by 50 points every second, so the player must compensate by destroying more targets to hit the 33,000 point threshold.
- The container trucks carrying the drones can be seen moving to the launch position as the player begins their attack on the airbase. They are not marked as targets and invulnerable to damage.
- The mission update will not commence until the vehicles are in position.
- ↑ The MiGs are initially regular enemies, but become marked as TGT after the Mission Update 1.
- ↑ One of the transports is carrying a Helios missile that causes it to explode more violently than the others when destroyed.
- ↑ The player must have completed this mission at least once, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Destroy the TGT-marked control tower after destroying all radar vehicles before the mission update. JESTER spawns on a runway near the base.
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Missions|