- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Deepsix.
- "We can't let those nukes reach the battlefield and fuel more hate. I won't let it happen."
- ― Nagase
Closure is the 23rd campaign mission in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, listed as Mission 22 in the game. The player must return to the mine they visited in the last mission and destroy the entrance, sealing away Belka's V1 nuclear weapons.
Analysis of the surveillance photos taken on the previous mission revealed tactical nuclear weapons of the same type used by Belka in the war 15 years ago. These weapons, hidden in the mine, are about to be retrieved and deployed to the two aggressor squadrons in Osea and Yuktobania. The President has made his decision. Destroy the entrance to the mine before the next nuclear weapon is removed from the shaft, and bury those weapons of evil inside for good. This mission will be carried out with the usual four-ship formation. You'll need powerful and numerous weapons on target to destroy the rock face above the entrance.
Once the player is near the mine, the mission's next objective is to destroy the bedrock above the mine entrance. Enemy forces will continually spawn to protect the mine. The bedrock will take multiple hits to destroy it. Once it's destroyed, the mission is completed.
|ROCK BED||1500||1||[note 3]|
|WATER TANK||60||1||[note 4]|
|WATCH TOWER||70||2||[note 4]|
|GAS TANK||150||4||[note 4]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires earning 17,700 points or more. Many valuable ground targets, including the SMOKESTACKs and PLANT, appear after the player destroys some of the other ground units, so the player should try to take out as many of the ground units as possible for easy point accumulation. Engaging the YF-23As and Su-47s is also recommended, since they infinitely respawn.
Mission accomplished. Thanks to that rock avalanche, the mine entrance is now sealed off, and the tactical nukes have been removed as a threat to the world. Intel has lost track of the nukes they already removed, but it is certain that the weapons sealed in the mine shaft will never be deployed.
- Closure and the previous mission, Solitaire, are the only two missions in Ace Combat 5 where the background music continues playing during the Replay Mode. This was later fixed in the PS4 port.
- The YF-23As will continuously spawn as the player destroys enemy ground units.
- Four Su-47s will initially appear. Each time the player shoots one down, another will spawn.
- The ROCK BED and SILOs will not appear until the player gets close to the mine entrance.
- These ground units will not appear until a certain number of other ground units have been destroyed.
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War Perfect Guide, page 118–119.