Color Customization is a new feature introduced in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. As its name states, it allows players to fit their planes with personalized paint schemes. Different parts of the player's aircraft can be customized with different colors, although emblems cannot be customized by any means.
The feature was first hinted at by the official Project Aces Twitter account in mid-August 2011, while it was officially confirmed by the Ace Combat fan page at Facebook on August 17.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
The feature returns in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy. Due to limitations, only Color 5 and Color 6 of every aircraft are customizeable. Like in Assault Horizon, the emblems cannot be customized by any means. Certain color on certain aircraft can be used to create replicas of in-game Ace squadron's aircraft or from other games.
- Color 6 on F/A-18E Super Hornet: Beast Squadron
- Color 6 on F-15S/MTD: Beast Squadron
- Color 5 on F-14D Super Tomcat: Lancer Squadron
- Color 6 on Rafale M: Cocoon Squadron
- Color 5 on Su-47 Berkut: Albireo Squadron
- Color 5 on PAK FA: Albireo Squadron