- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Blackout.
Deep Strike is the seventh campaign mission of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. This mission is mainly an air-to-ground operation; it is also the first time the player encounters an attack from Stonehenge.
Your next mission is to attack the solar powered generator plants in the Faith Park region. These generators equal nuclear ones in output, and provide about 60% of the energy for the Erusians' [sic] military industrial complexes. Since they do not require oil or uranium supplies, we cannot stop power production by interdicting their supply lines. This deep strike mission will not only cripple the Erusians' [sic] industrial output, but also divert attention from our own imminent invasion plans.
The player needs to destroy three buildings marked as TGTs to complete the first phase of the mission. The facility is guarded by several air defense units and fighter jets, and there are many solar panels that can also be destroyed, but they are not critical to the mission.
Once the three TGTs are destroyed, Stonehenge will commence bombardment over the mission area. The player should drop to an altitude below 2,000 feet and fly through the ravines in order to avoid Stonehenge's attacks. The mission is complete when the player successfully passes through the Return Line at the southern edge of the map.
|SOL PANEL||15||[note 1]|
|TND-IDS "DE VICO"||240||1||[note 2]|
An S rank for this mission requires 1,540 points on Normal difficulty or above (1,140 points on Easy difficulty or below). Destroy as many non-TGT enemies as possible to obtain the required score.
The mission succeeded, but the combat losses due to Stonehenge were higher than expected. Victory will elude us until it is eliminated.
- During the mission briefing, the ISAF arrow crosses over Stonehenge's attack radius; the circle flashes for a brief moment, foreshadowing Stonehenge's impending attack.
- The debriefing officer says that losses due to Stonehenge had been expected, even though nothing was said about Stonehenge attacking in the pre-mission briefing.
- The first wave of attacks from Stonehenge do not cause any harm, so you may fly above 2,000 feet until the next one.
- ↑ Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Official Guide Book, pages 042-043.
- ↑ Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Perfect Guide, pages 082-085.
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Missions|