The EA-18G -Beast- is a Special Aircraft variant of the EA-18G Growler featured in Ace Combat Infinity. It features a brown camouflage based on the EA-18Gs used by Beast Squadron in Toy Box in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy. Compared to the stock EA-18G, the -Beast- mainly features improved mobility and defense.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "An EA-18G special aircraft based on aircraft from the "Beast Squadron," a fighter squadron that fought during an internal United Nations conflict. Considering the nature of the squadron, engineers predicted a need to accommodate situations where wingmen support is unavailable and hence made modifications to increase its evading capabilities and durability so that it can defend itself and raise the chances of the safe return of its pilot. Initially, there was a plan to equip a specially developed ECM in the original aircraft, however in the end an official ECM was equipped instead. Technicians checked the specially developed ECM but realized that the internal components were beyond anything that they were accustomed to. This resulted in the ECM from not being equipped in the original aircraft. This aircraft was added to the team when re-engaging with a special tactical fighter squadron and its electronic interference functions caused havoc on the enemy."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was available in the Skilled Pilot Medal exchange. Players can exchange 20 medals to acquire the aircraft.
- On June 15, 2016, the EA-18G -Beast-'s medal price was lowered to 20 medals, and its performance was slightly increased. The statistics displayed below are the current, post-boost statistics; click here for a partial list of the old statistics.
- All players who purchased the aircraft at the original price received a full refund of 500 medals, almost all credits they spent upgrading the aircraft, and a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form if one was used. (The Lv.6 price was refunded whether or not a form was used.) The aircraft's level was not reset.
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 32 BODY, 32 ARMS, and 32 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Wild Instinct nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Beast Squadron livery; brown camouflage
- The aircraft's current description is a reference to its original intended function. Project Aces intended for the EA-18G -Beast-'s ECM to have faster ECM reload speed than normal, but it would not work. After two months, Project Aces lowered the price of the aircraft, boosted its mobility and defense further, and refunded everyone who spent medals and credits on the aircraft, without resetting the research that everyone spent on it.
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.