- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of Archelon Fortress.
- "To all aircraft. This is likely to be our final sortie. Unlike you, fighting on the front lines, I stay behind and watch the battle through my monitor. I'm in no position to ask anything from you, but please allow me this one request. End this war and come back home to Aurelia. That is all."
- ― Eugene Solano
End of Deception II is mission 15B in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception. It is the alternate scenario of the final mission where the Alect Squadron, Leasath's elite fighter squadron, arrives at Archelon Fortress unhindered and takes control of the Fenrirs stationed at the fortress while the Gryphus Squadron and other Aurelian squadrons gear up for the last battle that would end the war started by Leasath commander Diego Gaspar Navarro's greedy ambitions to increase arms sales.
"We've advanced within striking distance of Archelon Fortress. Fenrir, the whole reason they started this war, is being made right here on this base. It's our duty that we wipe this base clear off the map. We've received information that Leasath's elite Alect Squadron is now stationed within the fortress. Fenrir's superior combat capabilities and optical camouflage, combined with the skills of Leasath elite ace pilot make this a threat too dangerous to approach head on. Disabling the optical camouflage is our only chance for success. A Leasath scientist we apprehended at the facility on Cobalt Cave has informed us that, due to Fenrir's compact size, it must rely on microwaves emitted from the nearby base's electrical transmitter to power its optical camouflage. The same forces that fought alongside us at Cobalt Cave will make sure the gate to the electrical transmitter is opened. If you succeed in destroying the facility, you should be able to handle Fenrir just like any other fighter. We don't have much time to pull this off, so make sure you're there when the gate is opened. Sir, we succeeded in freeing Aurelia. The war should have already been over for us, but someone has to put an end to this. Just make sure you come back alive."
Gryphus Squadron is tasked with bringing an end to the war once and for all by destroying all the Fenrirs and Archelon Fortress. A recommended craft for this mission would be the F-22A Raptor or any other supermanuevable fighter or multirole (such as modified fictional aircraft).
Depending on whether Armada has been completed, a small-to-large enemy fleet will block the allied fleet's advance to the electrical transmitter; clearing this fleet will help the allied amphibious force deploy more quickly. Be aware, however, that the Alect Fenrirs will be on your tail the entire mission so be careful when attacking the ships. The Alects will be more skillful in using DOS than the Fenrirs in End of Deception I, but since there is no High-Powered Microwave, you need not worry about your speed.
After destroying the ships, hold out until the landing unit reaches the transmitter. When the gate is opened, immediately fire as many missiles as possible to destroy the transmitter and the DOS will be disabled, leveling the playing field. The Fenrirs will now behave as similar to the Alect S-32s in Alect Squadron.
After defeating Alect Squadron, the gate into Archelon Fortress will be opened and a single Fenrir will try to escape the fortress. If you have any remaining AA weapons left, use them as soon as you fly in and find the Fenrir as to avoid a long and difficult chase through the tightly-packed hangars. It would be also very useful to change your camera to cockpit or HUD as it reduces the shock from the shocks of the explosions that trigger while flying through the fortress. After all that, fly carefully through the cavern and exit through the vertical shaft at the end to complete the mission.
| || Aegis|
|F-15 S/MTD||720||1||[note 2]|
|Su-37 Terminator||740||2||[note 3]|
|★U-2||350||Easy||Unlocks Fenrir ECMS when destroyed.[note 4]|
|Su-47 "DUSK"||1480||Normal||[note 5]|
An S-Rank is obtained by earning a minimum of 21,000 points. Destroying all enemies except for the ace will earn 24,010 points.
The debriefing is only shown when the mission is completed during Free Mission mode.
Fenrir and Archelon Fortress have been completely destroyed. You've done it, sir.
- In the cutscene before the mission when playing in Campaign mode, the Doom door sound effect can be heard.
- This mission is very similar to Megalith, the final mission in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies where in both missions, the player encounters an enemy ace squadron before moving on to attack the enemy fortress to end the war. However, the Megalith defense squadron in Shattered Skies is an optional target.
- The Fenrirs can be destroyed before the electrical transmitter is taken out, but the mission will not progress until the amphibious force lands on the island.
- If the Fenrirs are destroyed and the amphibious force has landed, the transmitter will blow up even if the player doesn't touch it.
- A severely damaged Fenrir (red icon on radar) loses its optical camouflage, allowing it to be killed relatively easily.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Appears if Armada was not completed.
- ↑ Appears after all initially spawned Su-37 and F-15S/MTD are destroyed.
- ↑ Appears alongside Su-47 "DUSK" after two Su-37s and two F-15S/MTDs are destroyed.
- ↑ Appears inside the fortress after the mission update.
- ↑ Appears alongside two Su-37 after two Su-37s and two F-15S/MTDs are destroyed.