- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of Archelon Fortress.
- "To all aircraft. This is likely to be our final sortie. Unlike you, fighting on the front lines, I stay behind and watch the battle through my monitor. I'm in no position to ask anything from you, but please allow me this one request. End this war and come back home to Aurelia. That is all."
- ― Eugene Solano
End of Deception II is mission 15B in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception. It is the alternate scenario of the final mission where the Alect Squadron, Leasath's elite fighter squadron, arrives at Archelon Fortress unhindered and takes control of the Fenrirs stationed at the fortress while the Gryphus Squadron and other Aurelian squadrons gear up for the last battle that would end the war started by Leasth commander Diego Gaspar Navarro's greedy ambitions to increase arms sales.
"We've advanced within striking distance of Archelon Fortress. Fenrir, the whole reason they started this war, is being made right here on this base. It's our duty that we wipe this base clear off the map. We've received information that Leasath's elite Alect Squadron is now stationed within the fortress. Fenrir's superior combat capabilties and optical camouflage, combined with the skills of Leasath elite ace pilot make this a threat too dangerous to apporach head on. Disabling the optical camouflage is our only chance for success. A Leasath scientist we apprehended at the facility on Cobalt Cave has informed us that, due to Fenrir's compact size, it must rely on microwaves emitted from the nearby base's electrical transmitter to power its optical camouflage. The same forces that fought alongside us at Cobalt Cave will make sure the gate to the elctrical transmitter is opened. If you succeed in destroying the facility, you should be able to handle Fenrir just like any other fighter. We don't have much time to pull this off, so make sure you're there when the gate is opened. Sir, we succeeded in freeing Aurelia. The war should have already been over for us, but someone has to put an end to this. Just make sure you come back alive."
Gryphus Squadron is tasked with bringing an end to the war once and for all by destroying all the Fenrirs and Archelon Fortress.
Depending on whether Armada has been completed, a small-to-large enemy fleet will block the allied fleet's advance to the eletctrical transmitter so they would require support. Be aware, however, that the Alect Fenrirs will be on your tail the entire mission so be careful when attacking the ships. The Alects will be more skillful in using DOS than the Fenrirs in End of Deception I but since there is no HPM, you need not worry about your speed.
After destroying the ships, hold out until the landing unit reaches the transmitter before trying to pressure the Fenrirs although it may be difficult to do so. It is noticeable that once they sustained heavy damage (which will cause the Alect's radar blips to go red), their DOS goes offline so it would be good to take advantage of this. A recommended craft for this mission would be the F-22A Raptor or any other supermanuevable fighter or multirole (such as modified fictional aircraft). After the gate is opened, immediately fire as many missiles as possible to destroy it and the DOS will be disabled, levelling the playing field. The Fenrirs will now behave as similar to the Alect S-32s in Alect Squadron.
After all of them are destroyed, the gate into Archelon Fortress will be opened and a single Fenrir will try to escape the fortress. If you have any remaining AA weapons left, use them as soon as you fly in and find the Fenrir as to avoid a long and difficult chase through the tightly-packed hangars. It would be also very useful to change your camera to cockpit or HUD as it reduces the shock from the shocks of the explosions that trigger while flying through the fortress. After all that, fly towards the exit carefully as to avoid crashing into a trail that turns upwards into the open. Once that is done, the mission is complete.
|F-15 S/MTD||720||1||[note 1]|
|Su-37 Terminator||740||2||[note 2]|
|Su-47 "DUSK"||1480||Normal||[note 4]|
An S-Rank is obtained by earning a minimum of 21,000 points. Destroying all enemies except for the ace will earn 24,010 points.
- In the cutscene before the mission when playing in Campaign mode, the Doom door sound effect can be heard.
- This mission is very similar to Megalith the final mission in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies where in both missions, the player encounters an enemy ace squadron before moving on to attack the enemy fortress to end the war. The only difference is that the Megalith defense squadron in Shattered Skies can be optionally destroyed.
- Interestingly enough, if the mission is completed whilst playing the campaign, no text appear in the debriefing screen.
- If the Fenrirs are destroyed before the electrical transmitter is taken out, the latter will blow up even if the player doesn't touch it.