Escort is the eleventh campaign mission of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
Two civilian aircraft flying through the hills region northwest of Los Canas are under threat of attack by Erusian [sic] fighters. On board are the engineers responsible for Stonehenge, as well as their families. They are offering information in exchange for amnesty and permission to defect to an ISAF member state. One of the aircraft is flying at an extremely low altitude due to some unknown problem. Your mission is to protect both aircraft from enemy fighters. Make sure they exit the combat area safely.
This mission is a more fast-paced and demanding than previous missions. The main focus is to protect two civilian aircraft (Air Ixiom Flights 701 and 702, flying at 6,000 and 23,000 feet respectively) from enemy fire. Flight 701 is notably piloted by First Officer Nagase. Despite the mission taking place within Stonehenge's engagement zone, Stonehenge does not fire during this mission; the player's only threats are enemy aircraft.
In most instances, the first enemy fighter pursuing Flt. 702 will land a successful hit before the player can reach the airliner. Shooting down this fighter or taking too long to do so will cause the next wave of fighters, consisting of two aircraft, to spawn around Flight 701.
After shooting down this second wave of fighters, a third wave, consisting of three fighters, will appear around Flt. 702. After shooting these down, the fourth and final wave - consisting of four additional fighters - will swarm Flight 701.
The mission is accomplished when either all of the enemy aircraft are shot down, or the two civilian aircraft safely cross the Return Line. The mission fails if either aircraft suffers too many hits (about two or three, depending on the difficulty).
|SU-35 "NEUJMIN"||240||1||[note 5]|
Obtaining an S rank on this mission requires scoring 600 points. Since each enemy aircraft awards 60 points, and a total of 10 fighters spawn during the mission, the player must simply shoot down all of the enemies to earn the S rank. The only challenge is doing so before the airliners cross the Return Line.
All passengers and crew from both aircraft were examined by an ISAF medical officer and are in good health. Several states are coming forward with offers of amnesty to the defectors and their families.
- The first aircraft attacking the civilian airliners.
- Two will appear in the second wave, and two will appear in the fourth wave.
- All three appear in the third wave.
- Appears in the final wave.
- The player must have completed the campaign, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Appears in the southeast corner of the map. To avoid the loss of the civilian aircraft, it is best to wait to shoot down Neujmin until after most of the fourth wave of fighters has been dispatched.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Official Guide Book, pages 050-051.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - Perfect Guide, pages 098-101.
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Missions|