At least one F-104 was present at an Osean scrapyard following a previous war. Avril Mead, her grandfather, and his veteran friends worked together to rebuild the aircraft using spare parts from other scrapped planes. After approximately eight years and the rest of them had passed away, Avril completed the F-104 and took off on a maiden flight. An Osean Air Defense Force F-15C Eagle later shot her down, destroying the F-104.
Formerly retired aircraft were also brought back into operation with the Spare Squadron.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- "A slim supersonic interceptor with many names from the Century series of fighters. The C-model was fitted with air-to-ground armament. Its thrusters and small, thin, trapezoidal wings allow it to fly at great speeds, meaning it holds up even when compared to more modern craft. However, it does have a large turning radius. Its nickname is "Starfighter". The sharp nose and narrow body give it a distinct shape, earning it various apt nicknames."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The F-104C is unlocked automatically following completion of Campaign Mission 4, "Rescue". No MRP is required for the aircraft or any of its weapons.
- BODY: 42
- ARMS: 42
- MISC: 42
- Osea: Air superiority light grey.
- Erusea: Green and grey two-tone camouflage, based on original Aeritalia F-104S Starfighter camouflage (Unlocked by earning the "Machine Gun Maniac" medal.)
- Special: Yellow/black tigerstripe pattern, based on Tiger Meet livery (Unlock: Achieve an S rank on all missions under ACE difficulty)
- Mage: Osea skin with Mage Squadron markings.
- Spare: Osea skin with Spare Squadron markings.
- Strider: Osea skin with Strider Squadron markings.
- ↑ Sato. "Ace Combat 7 Takes Place 10 Year After The Events Of Ace Combat 5". Siliconera. Published on 6 December 2015. Retrieved on 27 August 2018. "The appearance of the F-104 will also have a significant meaning in the story".
- ↑ "Drag Racer", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ http://www.i-f-s.nl/tiger-meets/