The F-16C -Patriot- is a modified version of the F-16C Fighting Falcon featuring a custom livery based on the United States of America flag and approved for use by the United States Department of Defense.
The Patriot was initially available as a DLC skin for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, with free codes distributed by GameSpot for both PS3 and Xbox 360 from November 15 to December 31, 2011. It was later made available to purchase by anyone who did not get a code. The aircraft also later appeared in Ace Combat Infinity as a Special Aircraft. As of August 20, 2020 the skin is also available in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown as part of the 25th Anniversary Update.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the F-16C featuring the red, white and blue colors of the United States national flag. The Fighting Falcon's extraordinary combat capabilities make it a formidable opponent in any battle.
A symbol of freedom, truth and justice the pilots of this aircraft will use their skill and courage to determine their fate.
*Skin developed by BANDAI NAMCO and approved for use by the United States Department of Defense."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was only available as an Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Tournament reward in early December 2014.
- Part Slots
- At Lv.1, this aircraft carried 22 BODY, 22 ARMS, and 22 MISC part slots. See Tuning § Slot Expansion for further information.
- Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Free Dreamer nickname for use at any time.
- Default: United States livery
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- When GameSpot initially began code distribution on November 15, 2011, the PS3 codes were non-functional and the Xbox codes were claimed to be for Assassin's Creed DLC instead. Three days later, GameSpot updated the site with the correct codes for the Patriot.
- The codes were only redeemable in North America, which was not indicated on the GameSpot website until December.
- In the Italian version of Ace Combat Infinity, the small description text for the F-16C -Patriot- instead shows the text used for the F/A-18F -Red Devils- .
- Players could use one Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form instead of credits for the Lv.6 upgrade.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.