The F-16XA, like the F-16XL and the F-16XF, features a cranked-arrow delta wing design to increase its speed and power while maintaining a moderate degree of maneuverability. It also features a lean towards ground attack whereas the F-16XF was strictly a fighter for air superiority.
The F-16XA was developed by General Resource sometime before the Intercorporate War. During the war, the F-16XA was used by ace pilot Keith Bryan along with the F-16XF during the early stages of the war. One unit was given to Nemo along a F-15S/MT Eagle+ during his time in the GRDF, however it was eventually replaced by newer aircraft, namely the F-22C Raptor II and the F/A-32C Erne.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "An air-defense/ground attack fighter developed by the secret military organization "General Resource Dynamics." Based on the F-16, it is an upgraded version with a focus on ground attack. It features no empennage and has a "cranked arrow" wing allowing for good control of the large fuselage. It has a good top speed, but is inferior in quick turns and maneuvers."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Available for General Resource missions 1, 2, 3A, 4, 6A, 6B, 6C and 7.
- International version: Complete "Reaching for Stars" with an A rank.
- Attack: Low
- Power: High
- Mobility: Low
- Stability: Low
- Defense: High
- Width: 10.43m
- Length: 16.51m
- Height: 5.36m
- Weight: 15,772 kg
- Max Speed:
- Japanese version: 3,304 km/h
- International version: 3,979 ;km/h
- Armor: Light
- The F-16XA's namesake is the European saker falcon.
- The F-16XA's aircraft skin was re-used as the F-16XL's skin in multiple later games, including as the Yuktobanian skin in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, the default skin in Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, and an event skin in Ace Combat Infinity.