The F-22A -Flash- is a modified version of the F-22A Raptor that has its outer paint removed, getting rid of its stealth capabilities but increasing its speed and maneuverability. It was available as a DLC skin for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, and later appeared in Ace Combat Infinity as a Special Aircraft.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the F-22A characterized by a surface that sparkles like a polished mirror.
This prototype aircraft trades stealth capabilities for increased aerial maneuverability. A redesign has been performed starting with the internal composition and modifications have been made to almost everything, creating what is essentially a completely new aircraft in all but external appearance.
The removal of the need for recoating with stealth material has reduced maintenance costs and its resistance to rough handling makes it an aircraft suited to "sky pirates"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The F-22A -Flash- was available as a Limited-Time Drop in December 2015, and later added to the Special Supply Ticket Catalogue in January 2017.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||26 / 38||26 / 38||26 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||28 / 40||28 / 40||28 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||29 / 41||29 / 41||29 / 41|
|Lv.20||30 / 42||30 / 42||30 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Fighting Mirror nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Shiny metallic gray design based on mid-production F-22s
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- "The Flash is an special F-22A Raptor variation outfitted with weight reduction upgrades, applied so that the plane may engage in aircraft speed record flight. In one such test, the speed caused the Raptor's radar absorbent paint to peel off, revealing the inner coating (or "muscles") of the aircraft. Most of the aircraft's airframe bears a chrome silver color, while the trim, nose and some surfaces are colored with a matte black finish."
- ― Hangar
- The Flash's livery is based on what the F-22 looked like mid-production.
- It is widely known that the F-22A can exceed speeds of Mach 3; although the exact top speed has not been released, there have been F-22 pilots wearing their Mach 3 badges in public. At this speed, the radar absorbent paint would be suffering severe stress, thus lowing the aircraft's stealth capabilities, to prevent that the F-22 can fly that speed only for a short period of time.
- ↑ Now the Head Of the USAF Is Jumping On the F-22 Production Re-Start Bandwagon. The Drive. Published on May 26, 2016. Retrieved on September 15, 2017.