The F-22A -Gryphus- is a modified version of the F-22A Raptor with a special skin featuring the livery of Gryphus One. It was available for a limited time as Downloadable Content in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, and was later added as a Special Aircraft in Ace Combat Infinity.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the F-22 featuring the Southern Cross emblem belonging to Gryphus Squadron.
Aircraft stability, defense, and speed performance have been improved, resulting in an aircraft that is equipped to deal with all types of battle situations.
Featuring the color design of a squadron that was active in a small country within the Southern hemisphere, it is said that the glow of the Southern Cross has the ability to change the tide of battle."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was available as a reward for the top 200 players in "Nemesis is Here!" Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Tournament in late March 2015.
The aircraft was later made available in the Skilled Pilot Medal exchange program. Players can exchange 100 medals to acquire the aircraft.
- On April 30, 2016, the F-22A -Gryphus-'s Lv.1 Cst was increased from 800 to 825. The tables below reflect the new stats; see the page history for the old stats.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.11 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||28 / 38||28 / 38||28 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||30 / 40||30 / 40||30 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||31 / 41||31 / 41||31 / 41|
|Lv.20||32 / 42||32 / 42||32 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Gold Star of Victory nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Air superiority grey color scheme, with Aurelian Air Force roundel on main wings and Gryphus low-vis emblem on vertical stabilizers
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- For more information, see F-22A Raptor.
- This DLC is no longer available.
- "The heroes of Ace Combat X, Gryphus Squadron Aircraft. Mobility and speed have been exchanged for heavy armour and increased anti-personnel weapon's payload for an assault on the Leasath high-security military compound, the Archelon Fortress. Its peace shattered, and its armed forces smashed by the sudden Leasath assault, Aurelia places its fate in the hands of the Gryphus Squadron. The actions of their captain and the emblem he bore would earn him the title of Nemesis."
- ― Hangar