The F-22C Raptor II (F-22C ラプターⅡ) is an upgraded variant of the F-22A Raptor manufactured by General Resource Limited. It features a Connection For Flight Interface and improved stability over its predecessor. General Resource Defense Force pilots commonly fly the F-22C, including ace pilot Abyssal Dision.
Like most General Resource aircraft, the F-22C is very similar to the F-22A. Its glass canopy is removed and the aircraft is entirely enclosed to support the COFFIN interface. General Resource also reinstalled the airbrakes featured on the YF-22 Lightning II that were removed from the F-22A to lower its production costs. This move increased the F-22C's stability.
Abyssal Dision flew a special F-22C Raptor-D. This version of the aircraft featured a special black livery similar to his F-15S/MT Eagle+.
The F-22C's specifications are as follows:
- Width: 13.56m
- Length: 18.92m
- Height: 5.05m
- Weight: 27,200 kg
- Max Speed:
- Japan: 2,856 km/h
- Export: 3,681 km/h
General Resource developed the F-22C some time prior to the Intercorporate War. Abyssal Dision first used the aircraft in the war during GRDF's air raid against Neucom Incorporated's air base in the Waiapolo Mountains. Dision used it from this point until General Resource's attack on Petrol Coast, after which he flew the UI-4054 Aurora.
After some time other GRDF units began to use the F-22C, seeing use along the F/A-32C Erne. GRDF units began to replace the F-22C with the XFA-36A Game in the later stages of the war.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "The F-22 was developed as a high performance fighter, able to cruise supersonically without afterburner but also dogfight in close combat with the highest level of maneuverability. The A model F-22 lacked a dedicated airbrake to keep down costs, but in order to further increase maneuverability when dogfighting, it was re-equipped on the C model."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
- "The F-22, which was developed as a next-generation fighter to replace the F-15, improved stealth performance by utilizing a diamond cross-section, and it could achieve supercruise (supersonic flight) without afterburners. Thus, the F-22 demonstrated excellent performance as both a stealth aircraft and an air superiority fighter. The F-22C aimed at further improving air combat capability by reinstalling airbrakes that were removed from the F-22 to reduce costs for mass production. As a result, this aircraft features the highest stability of all currently-deployed fighter planes."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Mission & World View Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japan: The F-22C is available to the player in the following missions:
- Export: The F-22C is available for use immediately following mission 17, One-Way Ticket.
- Power: 8
- Attack: 8
- Stability: 15
- Mobility: 8
- Armor: 8