Ace Combat Infinity
- "An F-2A special aircraft based on the first aircraft in a line of prototypes. Although not directly related to the coloring, it is a prototype with an enhanced engine and capacity for high speed flight. As it is tuned for high speed flight, it faces some issues in regard to acceleration and speed reduction rate, but regular aircraft cannot compete with its top speed."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The aircraft was available to the top 1,000 players in the "Ring Domination" Team Deathmatch Ranking Tournament in early February 2016 as well as 10 other players who landed on lucky numbers.
- It was then added to the Skilled Pilot Medal Exchange on February 15, 2017. Players can acquire the aircraft for 20 medals.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.16 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||24 / 38||26 / 38||25 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||26 / 40||28 / 40||27 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||27 / 41||29 / 41||28 / 41|
|Lv.20||28 / 42||30 / 42||29 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the High Speed Charge nickname for use at any time.
- Default: XF-2A livery; red dorsal section, wings and stabilizers
- The Experimental's livery is available in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies and Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War as the aircraft's Special color, by shooting down Urata and Strom, respectively.
- The Experimental's livery can be recreated in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon by modifying Color 3, which is the same livery with different colors.