This aircraft was oriented for multi-role purposes. To that end, a variety of missile loadouts are available to enhance its air-to-air and air-to-ground combat capabilities. However, aside from that, its performance is rather weak compared to other aircraft, such as the F-16XF Gyrfalcon.
This aircraft did not make many appearances in the Intercorporate War, primarily being a second-line aircraft. It was primarily sold as the F/A-18U Hornet ADV to UPEO. It was only ever seen used by General Resource in one situation, wherein Rena Hirose and Nemo intercepted A/F-117X NAV Hawk spy planes over Expo City. A squadron of Hornet ADVs were sent in as backup for the spy planes, wherein they were all shot down.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "General Resource's standardized multirole aircraft, an improved F-18E Super Hornet with new technology and materials. Its stats are not too impressive, but overall, it is well balanced for both anti-air and anti-ground attacks. As a result, it is a very easy plane to operate. Its performance is similar to UPEO's multirole EF-2000 but the Hornet ADV has better defense and stability."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Mission Simulator only.
- International version: This aircraft is not available to the player.
- Power: 20
- Attack: 30
- Defense: 45
- Stability: 45
- Mobility: 30
- Width: 13.62 m
- Length: 18.31 m
- Wingspan: 4.88 m
- Weight: 29,937 kg
- Max Speed
- Japanese Release: 2,324 km/h
- International Release: 3,153 km/h
- Damage Tolerance: Light