The F/A-32C Erne is a multirole aircraft produced and operated by General Resource LTD.
The F/A-32C is a medium-sized aircraft. It appears to be based on the real-life Boeing X-32. It had a delta-wing configuration, and two vertical stabilizers attached to the rear of the craft. It has a single large engine, which seems to be able to vector thrust. Although designated as a multirole, the aircraft seems more suited to anti ground operations, thanks to the low speed and abundance of anti ground weapons.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- "A multirole craft developed to replace aircraft such as the F-16XF, F-16XA, and F-18. In order for it to perform in all kinds of missions, it was planned for the design to meet many different requirements. However, it took time to improve the craft and huge delays in the development phase occurred. As a result, development costs rose and few models were produced. However, it had moderate capability in ground attack roles, and as a fighter for General Resource, it was comparable to an F/A-18I's multirole capability."
- ― Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere - Namco Official Guide Book
How to Unlock
- Japanese version: Available before "Tainted Peace".
- International version: Obtain a certain number of A-ranks in the second bracket of missions (From "Stratosphere" to "Counterterrorism")
- Length: 13.72m
- Wingspan: 10.97m
- Height: 3.51m
- Weight: 22,680 kg
- Max speed
- Japanese Release: 2,324 km/h
- International Release: 2,981 km/h
- Class: Multirole
- The Erne's namesake is the Latin name for the sea eagle.