Ace Combat: Joint Assault
The F6F-5 first appeared in a mid-2010 gameplay trailer, where a Hellcat was shot down by a Valahia Su-37 Terminator over Midway. It was finally confirmed by the site Eurogamer.pt in late June, when they released media featuring the Hellcat and it's Japanese counterpart, the A6M5 Zero.
The F6F-5 can be unlocked by getting a A+ rank on mission 1 via a second playthough on Free Mission or campaign on any difficulty, after which it will be available for purchase at the Hangar screen for $9,900. Statistics-wise, it is virtually identical to the A6M5, having low speed, weak armor and low combat capabilites, but exceptional stability and mobility.
Being a World War II-era plane, the Hellcat shares the Zero's inability to carry missiles, making it very difficult for it to defend itself against modern aircraft. It's stability allows it to conduct airstrikes without any major difficulty, although its low ammo capacity (being higher than the Zero's at 7-10) requires careful aiming. It is one of the few weapons compatible with the Fuel Air Explosive Bomb.
- Speed: Low
- Air-to-Air: Below Average
- Air-to-Ground: Low
- Mobility: Very High
- Stability: High
- Defense: Very Low
- 1st paint scheme: Navy blue.
- 2nd paint scheme: Beige camouflage with tail stripes.
- 3rd paint scheme: Solid black.
- 4th paint scheme: Water blue.
- 5th paint scheme: Gray body and yellow wings.
- 6th paint scheme: Steel white.
- Guns: Browning M2HB Heavy Machine Gun
- NPB: Mk.77
- RCL: Hydra 70 Rocket Pods
- UGBL: Mk.84 2000lb Bomb
- FAEB: BLU-95/B