False Target is a mission in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception. This mission becomes available if the player does not play Last Line of Defense immediately following Prelude, allowing the Miller Unit to retake Port Patterson and send supplies via Kingshill to Santa Elva. The player must destroy the low-flying transport in each group of transports.
- No change in mission parameters (Complete Captive City before playing False Target)
- Limited fuel (Unlock Captive City after completing Rolling Thunder or The Midnight Sun but not completing the mission)
Eugene Solano: Intelligence reports that Leasath forces are airlifting munitions from Port Patterson to Santa Elva. We think the munitions are for the airborne fortress Gleipnir. At this moment, there is no information on the enemy transport corps formation.
Regardless, the mission will be considered a failure if even one of the enemy transport planes escapes out of the combat zone. Destroying all the transport planes before that happens will be the main focus of this mission. How do you want to proceed, sir?
In order to successfully complete the mission, the player must visually identify one of the C-5 Galaxy aircraft within the transport fleet carrying the cargo and then shoot it down. It usually flies lower than the others, indicating that it is carrying the Gleipnir's supplies. Confirmation is indicated via radio chatter: the first time by Aurelian soldiers and the rest by Leasathian aircrew. Shooting down the appropriate last aircraft will complete the mission.
|C-5 Galaxy||400||3||[note 1]|
|JA 37 Viggen||300||2||[note 1]|
|C-5 Galaxy||400||4||[note 2]|
|C-5 Galaxy||400||4||[note 3]|
|JA 37 Viggen||300||3||[note 3]|
|C-17A Globemaster III||550||Easy||Star unit. Unlocks Extra Ladder when unlocked. [note 3]|
|F-14D Savanna||920||Normal||[note 4]|
An S-Rank is achieved by earning a minimum of 8000 points. Destroying every enemy except the ace will earn 9310 points.
Eugene Solano: We've succeeded in shooting down all enemy transport aircraft bound for Santa Elva. This should prevent the enemy from gaining any new ground for a while. Future missions are sure to be less dangerous thanks to your efforts. Let's hope this victory helps make our future battles a little easier too.
- Appears after the low-flying transport in the first group is shot down.
- Appears after the low-flying transport in the second group is shot down.
- Appears after the low-flying transport in the third group is shot down.
- Appears after the third low-flying transport is shot down if four decoy transports are shot down first.
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - The Complete Guide, pages 066-069.