Family Stadium, commonly abbreviated and known in Japan as Famista, is a sports video game series centered around baseball. The name Famista is a play on the name "Famicom", the Japanese name for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Famista games are developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
As with other series like Ace Combat, the Famista series has featured cameos from other Bandai Namco properties. Ace Combat has notably made two appearances in the series:
- In Pro Baseball Famista 2011 (Nintendo 3DS, 2011), the XFA-27 was available as a playable character if the player used the Namco Stars team, a recurring team in the series featuring Namco properties.
- In Famista Dream Match (iOS/Android, 2014, free-to-play), Kei Nagase from Project Nagase and the X-02 Wyvern were added as playable characters in January 2016 from gashapon-like drops (similar to random drops in Ace Combat Infinity but only activating upon using the equivalent of Stocked Fuel).
- ↑ Japan Import: Pro Baseball Famista 2011 has lots of Namco Bandai character cameos. TechnologyTell. Published February 10, 2011. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- ↑ 『プロ野球 ファミスタ2011』一新されたナムコスターズメンバーなど、新要素を一挙公開. Famitsu. Published February 10, 2011. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- ↑ @PROJECT_ACES on Twitter. Published January 12, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- ↑ @FAMISTA_DM on Twitter. Published January 8, 2016. Retrieved January 12, 2016.