- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Battle of Cobalt Cave.
- "Fly with the grace of an angel and strike with the heart of a demon."
- ― Eugene Solano
Fire Storm is mission 14A in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception. It is one of the first alternative missions in the last portion of the game.
"We have learned that Leasath is using Cobalt Cave to secretly conduct tests on a new weapon. Intelligence states that the weapon is to be mounted to the special assault aircraft Fenrir. It appears that Leasath got wind of our movements and is moving the operation to Archelon Fortress. We don't exactly know much about this weapon but we need to put an end to its development ASAP. Simply destroying the transport frigates won't suffice. You must also destroy all warehouses on the island. We've been warned, however, that the warehouses are loaded with explosive chemicals. Fly up and out as soon as you hit a warehouse or you'll be caught in the ensuing explosion. During the mission, allied amphibious units will be deployed to the island to gather intel for the upcoming assault on Archelon Fortress."
Gryphus Squadron is tasked with stopping all of the transports before they reach the combat zone border as well as destroying all warehouses. Most of the warehouses are surrounded by some islands so it would be advised to brake before launching a missile and quickly accelerate to escape the blast. After the mission is complete, Gryphus One can perform an optional landing.
|MiG-1.44 Flatpack||720||2||[note 1]|
|F-22A Raptor||760||1||[note 1]|
|Submarine||400||Easy||Star Unit. Unlocks SCRAMjet Engine when destroyed. [note 2]|
|MiG-1.44 "LANCER"||1440||Normal||[note 3]|
"We succeeded in preventing the delivery of Leasath's new experiment weapon as well as destroying their research facility. The allied landing force has apprehended an enemy scientist who is seeking asylum. He has informed us that the cargo Leasath attempted to fly off Cobalt Cave was in fact a microwave weapon of some kind. To think they were able to develop such a device. It's a good thing we interrupted the delivery before it was too late."
- In the debriefing, Eugene states that Leasath was "attempting to fly off" the cargo. However, in the actual mission, Leasath were transporting it by sea, not air.
- Appears after five targets are destroyed when three fighters are shot down first.
- Appears when three ships are destroyed by hangar explosions.
- Appears when seven targets are destroyed in less than five minutes.
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - The Complete Guide, pages 150-153.