The Flak eighty-eight is probably the best known artillery piece of World War II. It was not one gun, but a series of anti-aircraft guns officially called the 8,8 cm Flak 18, 36 or 37, and could also include newer and more powerful models, the FlaK 41 and 43, although these were different weapons. FlaK is a German short form of Flugabwehr-Kanone (hence the capital K, nowadays one word) meaning anti-aircraft gun, the original purpose of the eighty-eight.
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault
- Belkan Military
- Emmerian Military
- Erusean Military
- Estovakian Military
- Leasath Military
- Yuktobanian Military
- The Flak 88 along with the PAK 40 are the only WWII-era crew served weapons to appear in the Ace Combat series.
- The presence of the 88mm Flak Gun is curious as there are many modern AAA (Anti-Aircraft Artillery) systems in available.