Trigger, Count, we've received official confirmation about what we're supposed to do with you. The company commander has made it clear he'd like you both to officially join our squadron. This is an unprecedented move. It seems like you've got some people looking out for you. Still, I think it's because of how you've conducted yourselves. I believe you'll be an asset to us. Okay, time for your briefing. For a long time, our counteroffensive has been overpowered by the Erusean drones' auto-intercept system. If a craft enters their airspace and doesn't respond to their IFF, drones automatically take off and move to intercept their target. However, we've discovered that the system has a blind spot. We have acquired this valuable information by sending our other squadrons on dangerous missions to scout in the whole area and initiate combat. Of all the pilots assigned to us only two managed to survive the mission. If we don't act now before the enemy can fill in the blind spot, those pilots will have sacrificed themselves for nothing. So, we've been ordered to carry out a long-range strategic strike. Operating separately from the main forces as the Long Range Strategic Strike Group, we've been developing a strategy in secret. Cyclops Squadron and Strider Squadron will sortie deep into Erusean territory and will be carrying out... specialized long-range attack strategies. You will carve your way through the territory from the north to the capital of Farbanti, attacking important targets along the way. The first operation will involve striking the enemy's main naval force, the Njord fleet, which is gathered in Northern Usea. We've known for some time that there's a large supply base utilized by the enemy fleet in the waters around Snider's Top. At present, the enemy fleet is concentrated there. Naturally, they intend to attack Eastern Usea where Osean forces are stationed. If we can surprise the enemy with a long-range attack, we could potentially do devastating damage to them. Still, it's highly likely that their advanced fleet is prepared and has started to move,[note 1] so combat with the enemy is probably unavoidable. We've verified the existence of a large supply base in the sea, as well as a medium-sized one in a valley by an estuary. It's a wide operation area, and there are a number of places you can expect large-scale combat, so we've set up a return line for replenishing supplies. Use it proactively. Any time you feel the need to stock up on ammo or make repairs to your craft, it's there. While aircraft and ammo can be replaced, the lives of our pilots cannot. We don't want any casualties out there. Remember that. The counterattack has begun. Brace yourselves!
The mission objective is to attack the enemy fleet and sea platforms located in three areas. The mission's score requirement depends on the player's selected difficulty:
- Easy: 20,000
- Normal: 25,000
- Hard: 28,000
- Ace: 30,000
The player must surpass the point threshold within fifteen minutes to complete the mission.
|FRIGATE (Drydock)||200||6||[note 3]|
|DESTROYER (Drydock)||300||3||[note 3]|
|Su-33 "IBIS"||1,500||[note 5]|
|Rafale M "CHASSEUR"||1,500||[note 6]|
The mission was a success. You did more to hobble the enemy's sea power than we first expected. Outstanding work. This should free up our allies who have been bogged down on the east coast. In addition, this success allows us to finally move on and initiate the operation to shoot down the Arsenal Bird. We have a long road ahead of us. Get some rest while you can.
Score 40,000 or more from destroying targets in the mission. Once reached, AWACS Long Caster will compliment the squadrons, commenting that "the new recruits certainly pulled their weight too".
- Destroying COREs before Wiseman strikes one ("I went for the structural supports. They're small, but not impossible to hit") and notifies AWACS Long Caster of his actions, and the latter updates the IFF to make COREs appear as targets, will result in a unique sequence of dialogue. Wiseman will complement Trigger and AWACS Long Caster saying the line "I've sent the data. Make like Trigger and serve up a sandwich." If Wiseman attacks the COREs first, AWACS Long Caster will also say the line, but will refer to Wiseman instead of Trigger.
- Completely destroying both the sea and valley supply bases results in a line from AWACS Long Caster that references Italy, despite the fact that the country does not exist in Strangereal. "Well done. That takes care of both of the platforms. But best of all, we've taken zero losses. Stay alive people. Which is why I've taken the liberty of ordering dinner for you guys from the nice Italian bistro near the base."
- The kanji for "Italian" does not appear in the original Japanese version of Ace Combat 7, meaning it was an addition by the English localization team.
- When the aircraft carrier Njörðr begins to sink, the crew can be heard saying that her catapults are no longer working. However, the Njörðr is based on the Kuznetsov-class carrier, a STOBAR design that lacks catapults, instead using a ski-jump to launch aircraft.
- The subtitles incorrectly say "is prepared and has started to move". The briefing officer says "are prepared and have started to move".
- AH-64Ds will be deployed from FRIGATEs.
- The drydock ships are protected from the side by low walls.
- Revealed when destroyed by Wiseman or Trigger. Destruction of COREs destroys any ground targets on the platform, connecting bridges, and any ships under the platform when it collapses.
- The player must have completed this mission at least once, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Fly through the gap in the northern platform. IBIS spawns near the eastern fleet and proceeds to flee north. Alternatively, if the aircraft carrier is destroyed first before flying through the gap in the northern platform, IBIS instead spawns at the valley platforms and proceeds to flee north as usual.
- The player must have completed this mission at least once, and must be playing on Normal difficulty or higher. Destroy all aircraft on the northern platform before they take off. CHASSEUR spawns to the west.
- Mission 11: "Fleet Destruction", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Missions|