- For other uses of the term, see Fort Grays.
Fort Grays Island is an island off the southeastern coast of the Usean continent. Its main point of interest is Fort Grays Airport. It is also the location of the Fort Grays Island Air Base, which was under FCU control with an IUN presence since the end of the Continental War.
The relatively small island in the South Sea was a key joint operations site as it featured a runway and port within the same base, with the port being the home port of the FCU's carrier strike group.
Ulysses Impact Event
Fort Grays was one of many locations impacted by the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid in July 1999. The crater that formed was subsequently named "Newman Crater".
2014 Free Erusea uprising
On May 28, 2014, Free Erusean forces penetrated the airspace, ignoring all warnings from the IUN-PKF. As a result, multiple squadrons were deployed to engage them. All Free Erusean forces were subsequently defeated.
At the onset of the Lighthouse War, Fort Grays Air Base remained one of the few military installations under IUN-PKF control as Erusea controlled the majority of the Usean continent. On May 15, 2019, Erusean Air Force bombers attacked the air base in the area, damaging multiple structures and sinking the aircraft carrier Albatross. The Golem and Mage Squadrons were subsequently scrambled to engage the bombers and their escorts, successfully eliminating all invading forces in the area. Following Operation Dual Wielder, IUN-PKF forces returning from Chopinburg Rainforest landed at the air base.
- Since Fort Grays Island does not appear in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, the events of Juggernaut in Ace Combat 2 are considered non-canon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Charge Assault", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "VR Mission 01", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Aces At War: A History 2019, page 98.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 - VR Demo Gameplay.
- ↑ Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- ↑ "Two-pronged Strategy", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ Cutscene prior to Soldier of Fortune, Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.