- "Fly freely through the skies in any aircraft that you like."
- ― Sortie description in Ace Combat Infinity
Free Flight (フリーフライト) is a gameplay mode that allows the player to fly freely by themselves in any campaign mission area with no enemy forces. The mode debuted in Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies and has only appeared in most subsequent console games.
Free Flight is available in the following games:
|Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies||No||30 minutes|
|Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War||No||∞|
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War||No||30 minutes|
|Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation||Yes||∞[note 1]|
|Ace Combat Infinity||Yes||30 minutes|
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown||No||30 minutes|
Ace Combat Infinity was the first and only game in the franchise to offer Free Flight as optional paid DLC through the Free Flight Ticket & Bonus Item Set. Notably, the player could fly freely in any Online Co-Op Missions area in addition to the campaign areas.
- ↑ While Free Flight in Ace Combat 6 has no time limit, a timer is still displayed but does not move. The time displayed equates to the standard mission's time limit.
- ↑ 「ACE COMBAT INFINITY」第8弾アップデートを実施。トレイラーを公開.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 VR MODE
- ↑ Ace Combat 7 PSVR Interview with Kazutoki Kono. MonsterVine. Published on December 12, 2016. Retrieved on December 13, 2016.
- ↑ Comment on Free Flight article. Published March 5, 2015.
- ↑ SOFTBANK GAMES PlayStation2 特集「ACECOMBAT5 THE UNSUNG WAR」開発者インタビュー P.2. Published 2004. Retrieved November 3, 2014.