The Varcolac is a high-end multirole aircraft and is compatible with a large number of parts for tuning. There are three cockpit parts exclusive to the Varcolac based on the Varcolac Squadron members' specialties, which can drastically alter the aircraft's attributes.
Joint Assault universe
GAF-1 Varcolac was used by Varcolac Squadron. Each of the Varcolacs was customised based on the pilot's specialty. Milosz Sulejmani's Varcolac had great maneuverability, and was equipped with an automated gun system that could intercept incoming missiles.
After the air and surface assaults on San Francisco were repelled by Martinez Security and United States Third Fleet, the Golden Axe Plan deployed Varcolac Squadron with GAF-1 Varcolacs. They were ultimately shot down by Antares Squadron.
Apparently developed under similar circumstances in the Infinity timeline, the GAF-1 was one of the many unique aircraft designs acquired by Wernher and Noah Enterprises for use in their Advanced Automated Aviation Plant. During the global campaign against the USEA Federation, it was available to whatever United Nations Forces pilots could afford it.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A large, versatile aircraft developed in secret based on the "Golden Axe Plan."
Massive in size, more than twice that of many other combat aircraft, and characterized by its forward jutting cockpits[sic].
It is a canard wing aircraft, with the massive backswept wing unified with the canards that stretch from the front of the aircraft and the winglets on the wing tips, and twin vertical tails that rise at an outward angle from the left and right engine units.
It is known as "Varcolac", meaning "werewolf"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The GAF-1 is available through the Aircraft Tree.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||35 / 38||37 / 38||36 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||37 / 40||39 / 40||38 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||38 / 41||40 / 41||39 / 41|
|Lv.20||39 / 42||41 / 42||40 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels unlocked the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Third-rate Actor
- Lv.10: Sky Dancer
- Lv.15: Werewolf Squadron
- Lv.20: Trickster
- Dark grey body with light grey trim; Color 2 from Ace Combat: Joint Assault
Ace Combat: Joint Assault
- "Developed as a top secret project for the GA Plan and has extreme maneuver capabilities"
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The GAF-1 Varcolac is unlocked for purchase upon completing Reprisal on Ace difficulty with an S rank. Costs $1,024,400.
- Speed: High
- Air to Air: High
- Air to Ground: High
- Mobility: High
- Stability: High
- Defense: High
- Color 1: Black body
- Color 2: Silver body
- Color 3: Gun metallic top with red bottom
- Color 4: Gray livery with two red stripes on the left wing
- Color 5: Varcolac Squadron livery
- Color 6: Sharkmouth
- The designation "GAF-1" is never explained, but it could potentially stand for "Golden Axe Fighter".
- The name Varcolac derives from vârcolac, which means "werewolf" in Romanian.