- For the location, see Gaiuss Tower (location).
- "Look, it's Gaiuss Tower, the enemy's central command. We take the tower and this war's over!"
- ― Aurelian Ground Unit
Gauiss Tower is Mission 12A in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
- No change in mission parameters (Santa Elva > Striking Point > Joint Operation > In Pursuit II )
- Allied wingman reinforcements (Santa Elva > Blitz > Wasteland > Joint Operation > In Pursuit II )
- Jamming interference (Santa Elva > Striking Point > Joint Operation )
- Allied wingman reinforcements + Jamming Interference (Santa Elva > Blitz > Wasteland > Joint Operation )
"Our mission is the liberation of Griswall. I'll explain the details. Griswall is protected by the Meson Cannon. The cannon would have posed a much greater threat had Leasath succeeded in delivering the MBSRs. Thanks to your efforts in stopping their delivery our ground forces should be able to approach the capitol unhindered. If allied forces are able to make their way to the center of the Atmos Ring and into Gaiuss Tower, they will be able to take control of the enemy central command and free the city. It will be our duty to support the troops from above. Leasath's army is prepared for us. We expect this to be a fierce battle for both sides. Although the energy output of the Meson Cannon is unstable, it can still inflict considerable damage to any allied units caught within firing range. The more damage we inflict to the Meson Cannon, the easier it will be for our troops to take the city. The capitol's liberation is finally within our grasp. Sir, please decide the choice of action."
Variation C, D
"...the city. Interference from the Nevera Jammer may cause radar malfunction during the mission. Sir...
This mission can be accessed by first playing Break In and then Joint Operation. The player can then, play this mission immediately, after playing In Pursuit II, or after playing In Pursuit II and A Diversion. However, the player should not play A Diversion after Joint Operation, otherwise Wild Card would take place instead.
Being a mostly simple close air support mission, the player must allow one allied unit to reach the tower. Due to the Meson Cannons and enemy fighters present, one may have to use an aircraft with a high amount of defense to survive.
At the start, the Victor Regiment, separated into three attack teams, will each encounter enemy armoured units blocking their path. Unguided Bombs or Self-Forging Fragments Submunitions have enough firepower to take them out in one or two passes. Next, they will charge through the Atmos Ring before entering the inner perimeter. While waiting for them to enter, the player can continue to shoot down the remaining enemy fighters, including a flight of Su-27 Flankers once a few fighters are shot down. Upon entry, enemy ground forces will spawn on the roads leading up to Gaiuss Tower to block their path. They must be taken out without haste.
If any allied unit is within close proximity of the tower, the mission is a success.
|Su-27 Flanker-B||360||3||[note 1]|
|Rafale M||640||1||[note 2]|
|YF-23 Black Widow II||700||3||[note 3]|
|Su-27 Flanker-B||360||1||[note 4]|
Main article: Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception/Aces
|Vehicle||100||Easy||Star Unit. Unlocks Bullet Engine when destroyed. [note 3]|
|Typhoon "ZEPHYR"||1320||Normal||[note 5]|
The S-Rank is achieved if the Aurelian Ground Forces suffer no more than 25% casualties.
"Griswall's been liberated! With the lost of their central command, Leasath forces have started pulling out of Aurelia. The streets of Griswall are overflowing with citizens celebrating the defeat of the Leasath oppressors. Even soldiers have joined in the celebration. Sir, the people won't soon forget your brave actions that led us here. We've done it sir!"
- ↑ Appears when two Rafale Ms are shot down.
- ↑ Appears when all previous aircraft are shot down.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Appears when the Atmos Ring is breached.
- ↑ Appears after all enemy ground forces are destroyed.
- ↑ Appears when the Atmos Ring is breached and the allied ground forces have not suffered any losses.