- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Crossbow.
- "Nobody wants to bail out into a mountain of ice. We're counting on you, flight leader."
- ― Larry Foulke
Listen up! We have a major situation on our hands. A major squadron of Belkan bombers has crossed our border and is making its way here, to Valais Air Base. Apparently, they intend to attack our base in an initiative to gain hegemony over the entire Republic of Ustio. Valais Air Base is our country's last line of defense. If our base falls, no one will be left to stop Belka from taking over Ustio. Your mission is to destroy the squad of bombers and defend our base. Belka's invasion must end here.
The primary focus of the mission is to destroy all of the bombers labeled as targets (TGT) on the HUD. There are some escort fighters defending them, and the bombers themselves can fire machine guns from behind on Normal difficulty or higher.
In the middle of the mission, one of the B-52s will attempt to flee the airspace. This is the game's first canonical appearance of the "yellow targets", which the player can destroy if they desire to affect the Ace Style gauge.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|000||F-5E "Tiger"||780||✔||Normal||Mercenary||[note 2]|
|004||XB-70 "Wal"||2000||Ace||[note 3]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires earning 8,850 points. If the player shoots down all enemies except the difficulty-specific F-5Es, the aces, and the neutral B-52, they will earn exactly 8,850 points. All of those optional enemies help ensure a buffer for the S rank.
Thanks to you, Belka's attack on Valais Air Base has failed. Your efforts will not go unrewarded. Your actions may well decide who wins the Belkan War. I, for one, will be counting on you.
- If the player plays this mission after completing the campaign once, a bonus line of dialogue will play depending on their Ace Style. Pixy will mention Cipher's reputation, and a friendly pilot will mention drinking alcohol after returning to base ("hot rum" on Mercenary, "a little hot whiskey" on Soldier, and "a little hot wine" on Knight).
- These F-5Es appear after the player shoots down all four Bm-335s.
- Shooting down "Tiger" unlocks the F-5E's Special color.
- "Wal" only appears after destroying all four Bm-335s.
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 050–051.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|