- "Nobody wants to bail out into a mountain of ice. We're counting on you, flight leader."
- ― Larry Foulke
The primary focus of the mission is to destroy all of the bombers labeled as targets (TGT) on the HUD. There are some escort fighters defending them, and the bombers themselves can fire machine guns from behind on Normal difficulty or higher.
In the middle of the mission, one of the B-52s will attempt to flee the airspace. This is the game's first canonical appearance of the "yellow targets", which the player can destroy if they desire to affect the Ace Style gauge.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|000||F-5E "Tiger"||780||✔||Normal||Mercenary||[note 2]|
|004||XB-70 "Wal"||2000||Ace||[note 3]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires earning 8,850 points. If the player shoots down all enemies except the difficulty-specific F-5Es, the aces, and the neutral B-52, they will earn exactly 8,850 points. All of those optional enemies help ensure a buffer for the S rank.
- These F-5Es appear after the player shoots down all four Bm-335s.
- Shooting down "Tiger" unlocks the F-5E's Special color.
- "Wal" only appears after destroying all four Bm-335s.
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 050–051.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|