Gunther is a region located in southwestern Usea. It encompasses a body of water known as Gunther Bay or Gandar Bay, a section of land known as Gunther Peninsula, and a shoreline known as Gunther Strand. Gunther is located northwest of Axel Bay and west of Chopinburg.
The city of Selatapura is located on Gunther Peninsula. The International Space Elevator is located in the waters of Gunther Bay, where the Opera House drilling facility was also situated before its destruction.
The Gunther Peninsula had been part of Erusea for an unknown amount of time.
On April 14, 1998, during the Usean coup d'état, Scarface Squadron was tasked with destroying Opera House as the Usean Rebel Forces were using it to fuel their troop movements. Scarface's operation was a success, leading to a huge decline in the rebels' fuel output and allowing the Usean Allied Forces to regain control of the region.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
Ace Combat 2
- The various names for the Gunther region have been used sporadically in the series:
- Gunther Peninsula only appeared in the official map of Strangereal from Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat X.
- Gunther Strand appeared on the same official map, but was also labeled in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy as "Gunther Sd."
- Gunther Bay only appeared in the official map of Strangereal from Ace Combat 7. Two-pronged Strategy's briefing incorrectly names the area "Gandar Bay".
- "Strand" is German for beach, "Gunther" is a German first name.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Opera House, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy.
- ↑ Mission 01: "Charge Assault", Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 File:Strangereal Map AC7.jpg.
- ↑ File:Usean Topographical Map.jpg.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Two-pronged Strategy, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 File:Strangereal Map.jpg.
- ↑ Whiskey Corridor, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Aces At War: A History 2019, page 76
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Demo Gameplay.