In the Strangereal contunuity, Gyges-class aerial warships were developed by the Eastern Faction during the Estovakian Civil War but were only first deployed during the Emmeria-Estovakia War. In the Infinity universe, multiple Gyges units were deployed by the USEA Federation during the USEAn War, with a large number of them being destroyed during Operation Whale Hunt.
The P-1114 Gyges were two air-to-air defense airships manufactured by Estovakia for the Aerial Fleet. Their main purpose was to shoot down enemy aircraft at close range that threatened the P-1112 Aigaion or P-1113 Kottos. Six colossal engines powered each Gyges aerial warship, but their energy source remains unclear. Armed with multiple turrets and missile launchers, the Gyges were deadly matches for any enemy aircraft who got close to them.
The Gyges units were constructed sometime after the Ulysses Disaster. Their intended role would be to provide close air support to its allied aircraft such as the Kottos-class aerial warship and the Aigaion-class heavy command cruiser.
During Operation Eternal Liberation, they were deployed by the USEA Federation as a part of many of their aerial fleets used to combat the United Nations Forces. Singular Gyges, paired with a Kottos, were deployed to the Adriatic Sea and Comona Base on their own to combat UN forces.
- Width: 486.45m
- Length: 206.68m
- Height: 43.61m
- The Gyges were named after a creature of the Greek Hekatonkheires, of which Aegaeon and Cottus, the namesakes of the other members of the Aerial Fleet, were part.
- Despite its size, the Gyges appears to have higher maneuverability than a heavy bomber and even certain "special" aircraft (including some A-10A Thunderbolt II and F-117A Nighthawk variants that are purchased on the Xbox Live Marketplace). It is the second largest aircraft of its size to have such maneuverability, second only to the Orgoi.
- Gyges' real world counterparts that appear in Ace Combat Infinity don't actively move around the formation to defend Aigaion like the Estovakian counterparts, though the missiles are noticeably more effective than the Estovakian ones. However, in the Emergency Mission Update, it and the Kottos do actively attempt to evade UN aircraft.
- Aces At War: A History 2019, page 064.
- Moby Dick Pursuit I, Ace Combat Infinity.
- Moby Dick Pursuit II, Ace Combat Infinity.
- Moby Dick Pursuit III, Ace Combat Infinity.
- Moby Dick Pursuit IV, Ace Combat Infinity.
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- Ace Combat 6 official website
- Ace Combat: Joint Assault