The H-9 appears to have retractable landing gear, and can also carry and launch missiles against surface targets. The UH-9 carries these missiles in weapon pods mounted on stub wings, which resemble Hellfire launchers.
The Osean Maritime Defense Force's Sea Goblin unit used an HH-9B throughout the Circum-Pacific War alongside a CH-47. A civilian version with an unknown designation was used by a news network in Bana City during Operation Wisdom.
The Republic of Emmeria Navy's Yellow Jacket helicopter unit exclusively utilized UH-9s throughout the Emmeria-Estovakia War. Estovakia also used UH-9s during the war, but only during the invasion of Gracemeria.
- The HH-9B doesn't appear to have wings or weapon stations where missiles could be stored, though this could be attributed to low-detail NPC aircraft models in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- The H in the HH- designation is a "Mission Modifier' denoting the Search and Rescue mission in the United States armed forces per the 1962 Tri-Service aircraft designation system. Helicopters with this designation are designed for search-and-rescue operations. Another helicopter featured in the Ace Combat series with this designation is the HH-60 Pavehawk.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ice Cage, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ancient Walls, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Missions with Yellow Jacket including Sipli Field, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Reprisal, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.