The IUN is an international organization on Strangereal.
By 1996, the IUN was involved in peacekeeping efforts during a standoff between FCU and Erusean forces in Ugellas and Amber. However, the FCU forces retreated on April 20, 1996 following the Ulysses 1994XF04 announcement; their retreat forced the IUN to also retreat. The IUN's retreat was notably hampered by logistical difficulties and heavy storms, preventing their retreat from fully taking place until April 22.
Sometime following the Continental War, a group of Erusean rebels seized a military factory that was under the IUN's control. The rebels, calling themselves Free Erusea, launched attacks across the Usean continent. The Independent State Allied Forces launched Operation Katina to quell the rebellion.
After Operation Katina, ISAF squadrons–Mobius, Omega and Viper–were reformed as IUN squadrons. In 2014, they would participate in Operation Gator Panic, where they were deployed against a resurgent Free Erusea.
- The IUN plays a similar role to the United Nations in the real world.
- The Neo United Nations also played a similar peacekeeping role. Since the IUN was introduced in Ace Combat 04 promotional material, it may have acted as a retcon for the Neo United Nations.
- ↑ Usea Today: Asteroid on Collision Course With Earth!
- ↑ ISAF Bulletin.
- ↑ Arcade Mode, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - PGW 2017 PS VR.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - PS4 VR Gameplay Trailer
- ↑ ［TGS 2018］「エースコンバット7」VRモードの詳細を主要開発スタッフに聞く。「サマーレッスン」チームが挑んだ“本物のパイロット体験”とは
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Trailer.