- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Destruction of the Nevera Jammer.
In Pursuit I is Mission 11A in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
Leasath has taken advantage of Mt. Nevera's height and built a large scale jamming station known as the Nevera Jammer. With enough power to effectively blanket the Aurelian capitol and all surrounding areas. The station is also blocking our ability to observe enemy activity in Monte Breeze. Responsibility for taking care of the jamming systems before it further interferes with the war effort has fallen into our hands. An array of high performance SAMs and AA guns provide the Nevera Jammer with a formidable defense. The high performance SAMs are difficult to avoid even for the most advanced aircraft. You're done for the second you get into range. ECM pods are useless. The high performance AA guns are also capable of shooting bombs and even long range missiles out of the sky. We must first deal with this threat before we can move in for an attack on the jamming facility itself. Therefore, we must destroy the electric power transmitter that is providing them with energy. The location of this transmitter remains unknown, but a string of old power lines on Mt. Nevera may just point the way. The transmitter's power output will be displayed on your HUD. Make sure the power output is at 0 before moving in to attack the jammer.
At the start of the mission, a refuelling minigame takes place.
The player must destroy four power stations that supply power for the jammer's air defense system. These can be found on the radar map during the brief intervals when the radar is functional, or by following the power transmission towers.
Six of the ten power stations on the map are decoys; their destruction will not affect energy output. The player must go through and destroy all of the stations to weed out the 'true' stations. Another method is to look for the stations with lights glowing near them. If the lights don't glow, they are decoys. Crux will alert the player on whether system power has gone out or not.
Once the air defense system is disabled, the player can attack the Nevera Jammer. There are scattered SAM and AA defenses around the jammer that are conventional (i.e. not as deadly). A large number of VTOL fighters will also take off for defense.
|CH-47||100||Easy||Star Unit. Unlocks AAM Jammer when shot down. [note 1]|
|F-117A "Inferno"||1200||Normal||[note 2]|
To achieve an S-Rank, the mission must be completed in under 7 minutes.
- It is possible to destroy the jammers without destroying the power stations, with an ADF-01 FALKEN and TLS. This can fire the TLS at the jammers while staying outside the defense system's range. The defense systems cannot shoot down a laser beam. This method saves time from going through and destroying the energy towers.
- Appears above the jammer after the real power generators are destroyed.
- Appears to the north of the jammer after the real power generators are destroyed.
- Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception - The Complete Guide, pages 122-125.