Jaeger flew as a member of the Strider Squadron during the Lighthouse War. He was present during the battle over Yinshi Valley. Apart from that, little is known about him, apart from the fact that he is revealed to be a father some time later. 
Jaeger is a mature, level-headed pilot with a composed disposition and a clear moral conviction. This may stem from his fatherly background.
He is known for his penchant for telling stories, as he once told the legend of a certain "King of the Skies" during Operation Siren's Song. Other stories he talked about during lull periods of the sorties he was involved in include an expository monologue of the history of Shilage, and to that extent, that of its neighboring state of Voslage and how Erusea's expansionism affected the regions during Operation Beehive. He also frequently expressed the desire to share these stories with his son back home, like the exploits of Strider 1, most notably the key roles he played in the destruction of the Arsenal Bird Justice during Operation Daredevil and the battle against the pair of advanced combat UAVs: Hugin and Munin during the Lighthouse War's final mission, Operation Hush. A notable exception to this is the raid of Shilage Castle, which was a sortie he wouldn't tell his son about.
- Jaeger translates to "hunter" in German.
- Both Jaeger's F-15C and Tabloid's Mirage 2000-5 uses bort number 306.
- Following Mission 16, Jaeger takes charge of all mission briefings and debriefings.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 「エースコンバット7」の“攻めた”要素はなぜ生まれたのか。河野一聡氏＆下元 学氏に開発の裏側を聞いた. Published March 16, 2019. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - Gamescom Commentary Gameplay.