The Japan Air Self-Defense Force (航空自衛隊, Kōkū Jieitai?), or JASDF, is the aviation branch of the Japan Self-Defense Forces responsible for the defense of Japanese airspace and other aerospace operations. The JASDF carries out combat air patrols around Japan, while also maintaining an extensive network of ground and air early warning radar systems. The branch also has an aerobatic team known as Blue Impulse and has recently been involved in providing air transport in several UN peacekeeping missions.
The JASDF had an estimated 50,324 personnel in 2013, and as of 2013 operates 777 aircraft, of which approximately 373 are fighter aircraft.Clover Squadron is only JASDF Squadron featured in Ace Combat: Joint Assault.
Aircraft of JASDF
- F-15E Strike Eagle (ACJA)
- F-4E Phantom II (ACJA)
- F-2A Viper Zero (ACAH, ACINF)
- ASF-X Shinden II/F-3 Shinden II (ACAH Downloadable content, ACINF)
- F-15C Eagle (ACAH Downloadable content, with markings of a white dragon and JASDF Roundel)
- F-35B Lightning II (ACAH, stand in for the F-35A)
- MH-60 Blackhawk (ACAH)
- MQ-90 Quox (ACINF)
- F-15J (ACINF)
- F-15J -Hakuryu- (ACINF, Special Aircraft of Ranking Tournament)
- F-2A -60th Anniversary- (ACINF, Special Aircraft of Ranking Tournament)
- F-15J -60th Anniversary- (ACINF, Special Aircraft of Ranking Tournament)