Jean-Louis Flaubert (ジャン-ルイ・フローベル Jan-Rui Furobēru) was a young Federal Erusea Air Force officer and flight leader of the Megalith defense squadron. Jean-Louis was one of the many Eruseans who refused to accept their nation's recent defeat in the Continental War.
Originally a trainee at an aviation reserve officer school, Jean-Louis refused to accept Erusea's surrender and, alongside many other young Erusean officers, captured and activated Megalith. The Erusean dissidents planned to use the missile-launch facility to shoot down lingering fragments of the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid in orbit onto the Usean continent.
When the ISAF launched its attack on the facility, Jean-Louis led the Erusean defense fighters against the incoming Mobius Squadron, with Gene as his second-in-command. After an intense dogfight over the ocean, Jean-Louis, along with the rest of the squadron, was shot down by the veteran Mobius pilots, and Erusea's last superweapon was destroyed soon after.
- After Jean-Louis is shot down, the dialogue of the remaining pilots becomes more frantic.
- Jean-Louis' Su-37 did not have a known number in the game, but it is later retconned to be "021" in both Hasegawa's Su-33 Yellow model kit and Ace Combat Infinity's Su-37 -Jean Louis- Special Aircraft.
- In Ace Combat Infinity, "Jean-Louis" became a usable nickname and "Oh! Jean-Louis' been hit!" a usable Instant Radio Message obtainable through the Special Supply Ticket Catalogue.
- Jean-Louis makes a cameo as an enemy ace during the Ace of Aces variant of Heavy Command Cruiser. However, due to the lack of the Yellow Squadron's signature Su-37 Terminator, he instead flies the Su-47 Berkut.
- Jean-Louis' surname is mentioned in Hasegawa's Su-33 Yellow model description as "フローベル" (Furōberu), which translates to "Flaubert".
- Jean-Louis shares his family name with the famous 19th-century French novelist Gustave Flaubert.