Landing ships are vessels designed to transport vehicles and cargo across water.
Landing ships were fielded for decades in the Strangereal universe but how far back their deployment goes is unknown.
Usean coup d'état
During the Usean coup d'état, landing ships were utilised by both the Usean Allied Forces and the Usean Rebel Forces. During the rebel's bomber attack on Anchorhead, a landing ship, callsign Leonid, was seen heading west for unknown reasons. The ship was later sunk by Scarface Squadron. During Operation Alphaville, the Usean Allied Forces deployed Petral Coost to Rocky Island in order to assist Scarface Squadron in destroying Turntable, a geothermal power plant. After Petral Coost reached the shore, a landing team was deployed in order to open the vents so that Phoenix could fly in and destroy the core. This mission was a success.
ISAF used landing ships during Operation Bunker Shot with the objective to retake the mainland from Erusea with the help of Mobius 1. Landing ships were used once again by the ISAF during Operation Autumn Thunder.
During the Circum-Pacific War, landing ships were utilised by the Yuktobanian Navy during their assault on the Sand Island Air Force Base. The Osean Army also utilised landing ships during Operation Footprint.
During the Emmeria-Estovakia War, landing ships were fielded by the Republic of Emmeria Navy during the Rargom Beach offensive to transport hovercrafts carrying the Warlock Separate Battalion and the Quox Armored Battalion.
Joint Assault universe
Usean Allied Forces
- Petral Coost
Usean Rebel Forces
- 5th Amphibious Unit
- 7th Amphibious Unit
- OFS Puffin
- ↑ Acid Rain, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy.
- ↑ Visiting Hours, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy.
- ↑ Operation Bunker Shot, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Siege of Farbanti, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Front Line, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Lit Fuse, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Anea Landing, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
- ↑ Threat in back, Ace Combat Xi: Skies of Incursion.
- ↑ Prelude, Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
- ↑ Red and Black - Bravo, Ace Combat: Joint Assault.
- ↑ Ace Combat Infinity.