- For the structure, see International Space Elevator.
- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Daredevil.
"Lighthouse"[a] is the penultimate campaign mission in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. The player must join a coalition of Osean and Erusean forces in an attack on the final Arsenal Bird to recapture the International Space Elevator.
Jaeger: Let's get the briefing started.
We've done enough air operations. Just let us go home.
Jaeger: There's no path for us to get home. Whatever direction you fly, it'll be right into a hail of enemy fire. Earlier, we received a communication via the partially-restored general network. Here is what it contained. Apparently, the Erusean radicals have gathered around the space elevator... as it's a source of energy. Give the warmongers a powerful energy source, and you give them the luxury to keep on fighting. In response to this, people from both Osea and Erusea have joined forces... and will take down the final Arsenal Bird in a saturation attack from the air and the sea. Once that's achieved, they'll take the space elevator from the aggressors.
Has the source been verified?
Jaeger: It could be fake. I hear you, but take a look at what's written at the end. "Hey, dumbass. If you want to bring the world back from the brink, go to the lighthouse. You can see the future there."
Húxiān: Sounds familiar.
I guess we'll do what it says.
Okay, well then I'm thinking we go roast that damn bird.
Jaeger: Looks like we're all on the same page. It's time to end this war. Time to fly, guys! Let's go get that Arsenal Bird!
In the first part of the mission, the player must shoot down as many of the enemy aircraft as possible. Like previous missions with score requirements, this mission's score requirement depends on the player's selected difficulty:
- Easy: 10,000
- Normal: 12,000
- Hard: 15,000
- Ace: 17,000
The player must surpass the point threshold within nine minutes to advance the mission. The player will have plenty of enemies to shoot down to surpass the threshold easily. Some enemies are drones and will be flying close to human pilots; if the player shoots down the lead plane in the formation, the drones will slow down and open themselves up to attack until another human-piloted fighter approaches them.
When there are approximately 3 minutes and 30 seconds left, Helios missiles will begin attacking the airspace. Similar to "Faceless Soldier", the player must avoid the Helios blast areas marked as red circles on the radar.
After the Arsenal Bird enters the airspace, the player must destroy its various propellers while dodging attacks from the Arsenal Bird and its swarms of MQ-101 UAVs. The Arsenal Bird's Microwaved Powered Dome will repeatedly activate before it eventually stays activated, preventing further attacks. At this point, the player must wait for its shield to dissipate before continuing to attack.
After the player destroys all propellers, two hooks underneath the Arsenal Bird will be available to attack. These hooks are difficult to attack from directly behind and impossible to attack from above, so the player must attack from below.
After destroying the two hooks, the Microwaved Powered Dome's APS unit will be exposed. The player must attack this unit from underneath to destroy the Arsenal Bird, forcing it to crash into the ocean and completing the mission.
|Mission Update||SU-35S||700||4||[note 2]|
| || ARSENAL BIRD|
These special units only appear if the player has completed this mission at least once. The player must also be playing on Normal difficulty or higher.
|SU-57 "CALAMITY"||2,000||[note 7]|
|F-22A "TEMPEST"||2,000||[note 8]|
No debriefing is available for this mission, even when played during Free Mission.
Earning an S Rank on this mission requires earning a combined score and time bonus of 67,500 points or more.
The maximum time bonus available is 16,840 for completing the mission in a total of 20 minutes and 30 seconds or less. This includes time spent retrying from the checkpoint. If the player can complete the mission in that amount of time, they only need 50,660 points from destroying targets in the mission itself to earn the S Rank.
If the player goes past the 20 minutes and 30 seconds threshold, the time bonus decreases by 40 points every second, so the player must compensate by destroying more targets to hit the 67,500 point threshold.
- ↑ Lighthouse (灯台)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 These aircraft are drones in slave mode, so they will group up and cease maneuvering once their human flight leaders are shot down.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 These aircraft are drones.
- ↑ After being disabled, the MAIN PROPELLERs will reactivate after a short time. They can be disabled again for extra points.
- ↑ The Arsenal Bird's JOINTs can only be targeted after destroying all SUB PROPELLERs and disabling the MAIN PROPELLERs once.
- ↑ The Arsenal Bird's HOOKs appear after the JOINTs are destroyed.
- ↑ The Arsenal Bird's APS UNIT appears after the HOOKs are destroyed.
- ↑ Earn about 17,000 points in the first phase of the mission. CALAMITY spawns far southeast of the space elevator, holding position close to the edge of the map. CALAMITY will not appear on radar unless the player gets close to him.
- ↑ Earn about 20,000 points in the first phase of the mission. TEMPEST spawns southwest of the space elevator and will begin engaging allied aircraft, but he will prioritize the player if they are within about 30,000 feet.
|Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Missions|